Questions RE: Bypass switching for stereo input AND output (with LEDs)

Started by MikeH, June 10, 2009, 03:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeH

Ok- I'm going to try to explain this as best I can;

I'm working on a stereo tremolo, with stereo input and stereo output.  Stereo, stereo, stereo.  I've drawn up a diagram for my off board wiring using a 4pdt and milenium bypass below.  Here's how I want it to function:  When one input is used (primary) I want the one signal to go to both inputs to the circuit.  Likewise when both inputs are used I want the signal to split and go to either side.  For this I use a switching jack on the secondary input- no problem.  When using one input and one output it should function like a normal trem.  I think I'm ok there.

Here's my problem.  If I'm using one input, I want the signal to come out of both outputs when in bypass.  This can be done by connecting the 2 "true bypass" jumpers on the 4pdt (show with a switch at the bottom), but If I'm using 2 inputs I want the bypass to remain in stereo because I'll likely use a stereo delay before it.  Which, yeah, I can do with a toggle switch (as shown below) but I'd rather use a switching jack, but I can't figure out how to do it.  It's almost as if I need another switch on the secondary input.  I don't think such a jack exists.  Any suggestions.  Sorry long explanation for such a mundane question...  ::)

I'll be buffering the outputs, btw.

Actually, I just realized this won't work at all.  With the two bypasses connected I'll also be jumpering my outputs together... that wont work.   Does anyone know how to make the bypass stereo then?

"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

MikeH

Ok - I think this will work in terms of making the output stereo with either one or two inputs in use, but I still have to use a toggle switch to select whether the output will be stereo or mono... Can anyone offer a switching jack solution?

slacker

I'm probably missing something, or misunderstood what you want, but it looks like it will already do what you want without the toggle switch.

With 2 inputs you've basically got 2 separate DPDT switches, and separate signal paths, so the bypass will be stereo.

When you just plug into the Primary input the switched contact you've shown on the secondary input connects the 2 inputs together so the same signal is already going to both outputs.

MikeH

slacker