I'm thinking : Pedal board with integrated power supply

Started by kristoffereide, June 13, 2009, 09:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kristoffereide

So...
I was thinking about making a pedal board with AC input and DC output.
Thought about using a Hahn 230V to 2X 12V- 2X663mA transformer and using 7812/7809's for regulating
the voltage and have a toggle to switch between the two voltages for each pedal-DC-output if I need to change the voltage.

Well 2 separate DC outs from trans with 663mA each should be enough to power at most 5 pedals, and the selectable voltage would be useful, but
will this work in real life? I actually dreamt (sorry for my english?) I built this and that's how I came up with the idea.

Are there any obvious flaws I can't see?
Quote from: biggy boy on April 12, 2009, 06:22:33 PM
I find it funny how I can have close to 1000 components, yet I never seem to have enough parts to make a project. :icon_eek:

tempus

I have a similar setup in my pedalboard and it works fine. I have a 120v input, and a DC output of 15v. This goes to a 7809 then a 7805 (although it used to be 7812 then 7809 then 7805). I don't have a toggle to select DC voltages - I'm not sure why you would want to do that.

I think 663mA is tons of available current, and will power more than 5 pedals easily unless you've got some pretty power hungry pedals. I've got 5 Boss type stomp pedals and they only draw 10 - 20 mA each.

QuoteI actually dreamt I built this and that's how I came up with the idea

LOL - you may be spending too much time thinking about pedalboards. Not that I'm one to criticize ...

kristoffereide

I figure that over time I might build newer pedals that I would want on my board that might require 12V instead of 9V and vice versa, or like the valvecaster that can run on both.

So this will actually work? NICE! Parts will be ordered next week

Quote from: biggy boy on April 12, 2009, 06:22:33 PM
I find it funny how I can have close to 1000 components, yet I never seem to have enough parts to make a project. :icon_eek: