Dunlop Hot Potz-1 100K

Started by Arn C., August 12, 2009, 10:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arn C.

I need to replace a scratchy hot potz-1 in a Dunlop Crybaby.   The Hot Potz-1 is an Allen Bradley Pot.  I have an identical new old stock AB 100K pot.  Will this work as a replacement?

Thanks!
Arn C.

petemoore

I have an identical new old stock AB 100K pot.
 100k is close enough to work.
 The actual taper may vary.
 what is the taper of the original? and what does that look like when tested and compared to the replacement ?
 draw a circle with 1-10 spanning the radius of the potshaft travel, on thin cardboard, press the center over the potshaft, print the resistances of the original pot on the piece of paper next to each digit interval [1-10], put that piece of paper on the replacement and compare R's while looking for dead spots.
  Though it may be easier if both are otherwise reputed to be about the same taper: test for dead-zones, try it out.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Arn C.

Thanks Pete!  Sounds like a plan!

Peace!
Arn C.

xenrelic

If anyone needs NOS replacement Dunlop Hot Potz-1 100k wah pots just let me know, I have about 100 of them left.

Randall
Xenrelic Guitarworks
408-372-0369
xenrelic@comcast.net

xenrelic

Just a heads up: All of the Hot Potz 1 have been sold to Small Bear Electronics. Please contact them if you need one.

Thanks,

R.W.
Xenrelic Guitarworks
925-627-0262
xenrelic@comcast.net

joegagan

pm me, i have a few new ones laying around.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.