Erotic Electronics

Started by WhenBoredomPeaks, August 22, 2009, 01:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhenBoredomPeaks

Please help me find a source where to buy those caps:

Original: http://i27.tinypic.com/2nvxr8i.jpg

Thanks to trad3mark for the epic find!

If they are not available anymore then i must start a business producing them.

I have some ideas about the company name and stuff:

Erecttronics

Gives an erection to your tone!

or:

Eroticap

Total tonal satisfaction.

Pablo1234

HAHAHAHAH, I like it. I would pay for the name lone, even if they sounmded like poo lol

guitarman89

built: MXR Dist+,dod250-280,dr boogey,IC buffers,cmos drive,multiface,20W SS pwr amps,phase90,tubescreamer,rat,amzMB,wuly mammoth,dod280,zombie chorus
under constur:60W 3886 amp,jcm800 em
www.myspace.com/guitarmanbll
www.myspace.com/filospinatopunk

earthtonesaudio

It'd give a whole new meaning to goop.   :icon_eek:

rousejeremy

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

Slade

Haha! Great, thanks for making us laugh!

culturejam

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on August 22, 2009, 11:18:32 PM
It'd give a whole new meaning to goop.   :icon_eek:

Haha. Yeah. Pretty soon there will be a web site dedicated to de-splooging the boutique circuits.  :icon_mrgreen:

WhenBoredomPeaks

Im sad, it seems that they are unavailable, the thread got nearly 400 hits, but no one knows where to buy them.

It seems like i have to live without phallic symbols in my pedals.

It's so depressing.

:-[

:icon_lol:

bancika

you can easily make them yourself it you like the shape that much :)
take one axial cap, put it in a mold and fill with dyed epoxy, shouldn't be that hard
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

amptramp

These are ceramic capacitors made by Philips.  They used to be sold in a card that had sample quantities of various sizes from 10 pF to 10,000 pF.  Total quantity was 100 devices on a blister-pack card about 8.5" x 11".  They are (I believe) rated at 500 volts although I may be wrong about that (but they have always worked as good RF bypasses for plate and screen supplies).

Rawkgod

Quote from: bioroids
Lol I think the only thing the Coca Cola doesn't do well is to relieve thirst!

bancika

The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

WhenBoredomPeaks

Quote from: amptramp on August 23, 2009, 09:38:04 PM
These are ceramic capacitors made by Philips.  They used to be sold in a card that had sample quantities of various sizes from 10 pF to 10,000 pF.  Total quantity was 100 devices on a blister-pack card about 8.5" x 11".  They are (I believe) rated at 500 volts although I may be wrong about that (but they have always worked as good RF bypasses for plate and screen supplies).

They were salvaged from a Phillips turntable. What was the era they used those caps most? 60's, 70's 80's ?

trad3mark

hey all,
i'm the guy who owns those caps, and yeah, they're out of a 1963 dated philips turntable (along with 4 tubes, one of which is a Mullard EL95!). they look interesting. I might put them into a Valvecaster or something. The only problem i have with them is that they're HUGE!

oldschoolanalog

Once you build something with them and box it up will they be "in the closet"?
:icon_lol:
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

The French connection

I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

guitarman89

great!! hheheheheh

Hard work with those res and leds!
built: MXR Dist+,dod250-280,dr boogey,IC buffers,cmos drive,multiface,20W SS pwr amps,phase90,tubescreamer,rat,amzMB,wuly mammoth,dod280,zombie chorus
under constur:60W 3886 amp,jcm800 em
www.myspace.com/guitarmanbll
www.myspace.com/filospinatopunk

Mark Hammer

hardly erotic, but...

I'm reminded of a sketch Patrick "Picard" Stewart did when he appeared on Saturday Night Live some years back.  He played the owner/operator of an "erotic bakery".  When people came in with the intent of buying ribald cakes for office parties and such (one got the sense they were looking for "boobies" with red frosting highlights), they were rather disconcerted to find that every single one of the "erotic" cakes for sale depicted a woman relieving herself on the toilet.  The determination of, cough cough, "#1" or "#2" was left entirely to the audience.  The sick mad glee in Stewart's eye when he pronounced them as "erotic" was a feat of acting...or a justification for incarceration, I'm not sure which.  Just a delightfully demented sketch that Stewart clearly had fun doing.

ForcedFire

Addison electronics in Montreal had the little stubby ones in 0.005uF last time I was there.

I think they're tropical tantalums. Anyone know which leg (nut?) is positive?