More perf layouts fer sharin'...

Started by jdub, August 25, 2009, 12:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdub

Couple more verified perf layouts posted in my album for interested parties:

Distortion +: Actually my first attempt at layout, which to my surprise came out sounding particularly good and is still one of my favorite boxes.  Great circuit and an easy build; this layout is modded for switchable clipping diodes and a tone control:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/jdub/Distortion+_+perf+layout.PNG.html

9V Electric Mistress: This one took me a long time, mainly due to finding a functioning 1024.  The layout is a bit weird (note lotsa space in the upper right) because I originally based it on the use of two SAD512s (16-pin), which incidentally worked really well; when I accidentally zapped one of 'em, I adapted it for the 1024.  It uses way more jumpers than I would have liked, but it works and sounds great.  Note that the 4013 is wired to use the "B " flip-flop.  The clock trim is located where it's at because when using the 512s I had the clock trim as an external pot and was able to get a wide variety of sounds; when I switched to the 1024 this didn't work very well ( ???), so I opted to go back to the internal trim.  Unfortunately, I had crammed things a little closer together when using the external clock and no longer had room for the trim, so I just put it where I could and connected it with jumpers.  Other notes are on the layout itself, and I've also posted some board pics in my album (which may differ from the drawing a little bit, mainly because I made some ex post facto changes to the layout).  Anyway, enjoy:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/jdub/E_M_+perf+layout.PNG.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

Hope these are useful to somebody!

Jdub

PS: The Dist + will fit easily inside a 125B box; I had to use a 1590C for the EM.
A boy has never wept nor dashed a thousand kim

mth5044

Both very nice looking. That EM is nice a tight  ;)