Any MAX1044 equivalents on Mouser?

Started by mth5044, August 25, 2009, 03:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mth5044

I can't warrent an order for just a MAX1044 chip from smallbear and they don't seem to sell it at Mouser. Is there anything else I can get 18v's (or 17v I guess, to be true of the MAX1044) from Mouser?

.Mike

If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

mth5044

Thanks for the quick reply, Mike  :)  I see the pinouts are the same, but it says it has an output of - 12 V to - 1.5 V  ???

.Mike

I believe it's been used quite a bit as a direct replacement for the MAX chip. The only difference is that it has a higher maximum supply voltage-- 13 vs. 10, if I recall correctly.

Pop TC1044 into the search engine here to confirm that other folks have successfully used it in place of the MAX chip for positive voltage multiplying. :)

Edit: BTW, Figure 8 of the datasheet for the TC1044 is the positive voltage multiplier.

Mike
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

Ripthorn

I use the TC1044SEPA all the time.  13V max input voltage, can pump to whatever + or - voltage you want.  I have a single chip taking 12V and pumping it to +/-22V for a rail to rail opamp supply.
Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

jalien21

just order up some free samples from maxim

mth5044

Thanks for the support guys (and gals  :)) I will double check the replacement here. I also missed the positive voltage multiplier, thanks for that. I didn't know these little guys were so versitle.

Good idea on the free samples thing.. you know, we should get a thread about 'free samples' going. Not to just get as much free stuff as possible (which it might turn into anyway), but for stuff like this.

Thanks again!

MetalGuy

Check out also LT1054. It has higher input voltage and higher current capabilities.
Another replacement is ICL7660S /with the letter S/ but it's not available at Mouser.