Any success with submini vocal preamp yet?

Started by mth5044, August 28, 2009, 10:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mth5044

Didn't find much of anything from the search, so I didn't know if there was any success, progress, or even a thought on the matter.

*note:forgot the word tube after submini, but what other subminis are there that matter  ;)

Ripthorn

This is something I would like to try, but my submini project list still has a microphone and a guitar preamp before the vocal preamp.  Not a bad idea, however.  Now if I could only get my hands on the schematic for a grace 101 or something...

Though now that you've mentioned it, Rick will probably have one designed and built in the next couple of days, complete with his stunning perfboard work and cool enclosure graphics. :icon_biggrin:
Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

wavley

Quote from: Ripthorn on August 28, 2009, 12:06:33 PM
This is something I would like to try, but my submini project list still has a microphone and a guitar preamp before the vocal preamp.  Not a bad idea, however.  Now if I could only get my hands on the schematic for a grace 101 or something...

Though now that you've mentioned it, Rick will probably have one designed and built in the next couple of days, complete with his stunning perfboard work and cool enclosure graphics. :icon_biggrin:

A mic pre would be nice.  The submini is perfect for building a mic, you can even get Neumann and AKG style capsules from Peluso now. Then run it into the homemade pre ;)
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

Johan

..not really, but almost....6ak5 is a 7pin version of 5840 ( or perhaps the other way around) and you'll have to come up with something else for 12au7, but this one sounds great..I'm using a OEP input transformer ( you need a mic transformer to keep noise down..you want the amp noise to be lower than the mic noise..)
.. http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=39350&g2_serialNumber=1 ..
j
DON'T PANIC