Micro turret board for submini tube preamp

Started by bancika, September 06, 2009, 07:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bancika

Hi folks,
I started working on 6021 dual channel preamp based on the schematic I found on this forum. Since I only have time to work one weekends, this is what I've made so far.
The first one will be for the preamp itself and is made using miniature turrets I bought by mistake (2000 of them to be precise  :icon_rolleyes:). It was a bit of a pain to install them but it worked out fine after I broke two of them :)
The other board is for the power supply, both B+ and heaters with regulation (together with a huge heat sink)

Btw, don't aks me why are those 4 eyelets installed in the opposite direction  :icon_mrgreen:

More to come the next weekend...

Bane
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

Taylor

Neat. Would be nice to see it next to something recognizable for scale (9v battery, regular-sized human hand...)

bancika

the whole board is 6" long. As a reference, those larger mounting holes are 3mm (a bit under 1/8") and smaller strain relief holes are 2mm.
turrets are about 1/8" tall.
Cheers

Taylor

Ah, cool! I'll be interested to see the amp take shape.

John Lyons

Cool! Where did you get those turrets?
Looks nice so far.

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

bancika

got them on ebay. I was looking for regular sized turrets, saw 2000 of those for 15 bucks and bought them without bothering to read the datasheet :)
They are keystone 1528-3 on this link http://www.keyelco.com/products/specs/single-turret-terminals-spec.asp

frequencycentral

That looks so cool Bane, I can't wait to see it populated!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

bancika

dimitris

Bane if you don't have a use for all that mini turrets i would love to buy some from you.
I need them for the relay boards of a tube amp i 'm building.
Dimitris

bancika

I wouldn't mind selling you a couple of hundred of them but I'm not in USA any more which makes it hard for me to ship them. You could grab some at mouser http://www2.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Keystone-Electronics/1528-3/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtzcnMBgC2bs8Ww1YbjsP0nLZ2WgzmDXw0%3d
It's not a great price though, they cost me less than a cent each.
Cheers

dimitris

Bane I am not living in USA either, I 'm from Greece.
I know that mouser have them but overseas shipment plus import taxes makes the cost ridiculous.
I guess it's better to wait for a similar ebay action.
Thanks
Dimitris

bancika

so you're not that far...I'm in serbia. These are so small they can fit inside a regular envelope. I'm trying to avoid our customs, they are pain in the butt.
I'll see how easy is to ship from here and let you know...

dimitris

bancika

PM me your address and I'll try to send some when I have time...