i've got two burr brown chips. i need two schematics

Started by jamiefbolton, September 09, 2009, 05:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamiefbolton

so here is where i'm at. i'm getting tired of TS style pedals. i've built an eternity and its ok. not great. too much midrange. but it seems like opamp ODs are mostly TS style pedals which i don't want to build. so can you help me find a OD or two that i need a Burr brown? open sounding, not too compressed. ya know not TS

thanks
jamie

Minion

I don"t think there are curcuits that use standard opamps that specificly calls for a "Burr Brown" opamp .... There is nothing especially remarkable about "burr Brown" opamps ,  and they can be used pretty much anywere a regular opamp is used so just find any curcuit that you would like to build that uses opamps and built it with the Burr brown"s ......

:icon_mrgreen:
Go to bed with itchy Bum , wake up with stinky finger !!

jamiefbolton

yeah i wasn't too clear i guess. sorry. i'm just looking for opamp circuits that are less midrangy than a TS style. maybe a King of Tone?

Minion

Well Maybe try an active EQ curcuit so you can dial in your tone ... maybe something like the 6 band at GGG , I run my DIY Tube/Opamp hybrid preamp through a 15 band and it sounds great and gives a lot of versitility to the pedals and preamps I allready have ......

Cheers
Go to bed with itchy Bum , wake up with stinky finger !!