loco box fl 01 flanger question ( plain black model)

Started by numpty, September 25, 2009, 05:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

numpty

The manual control is supposed to change the centre amount of shift? but I don't perceive any difference at all when it is turned. I have checked the pot and connections to pcb and there is continuity: the pot goes from 0 anticlockwise to 22k in the middle, then 7k fully clockwise. Clearly it should function or is it that subtle it has no effect? If anybody out there has one, can you tell me if mine isn't working correctly.There are others the same but under different names found here: http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/locobox/80s/fl01 maybe you have one of these.

Fender3D

the manual ctrl usually works when the depth or width ctrl is NOT fully CW, at least it do so in my MXR flanger replica...

PS
it's funny, in late '70 or '80 Loco, Maxon, and the most of the japan stuff was bought just because was cheaper than american stuff, not because the sound it had...
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

numpty

Thanks for that, I have tried it and you are right about and there is nothing wrong with the pedal. It's got me thinking it be nice to have that manual control switchable in a wah type foot pedal. BTW  I paid £13 for it I'm not sure if it's at all valuable but sounds good to me!

Fender3D

that should be an easy mod.
you must connect the wire going to the center depth lug with the CCW depth lug disconnecting the center depth lug and you should be gone
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

Mark Hammer

The complementary relationship between the LFO and the DC offset (manual) is a fairly standard feature in many modulation pedals.  Why?  Because the circuits are such that the two voltages sum together.  Of course, if their sum is greater than what the supply and circuit permits, one would end up with things where, say, the one side of the sweep is essentially flat because the LFO runs out of headroom.  Consequently, they are designed so that the more headroom you need for the LFO to have wider sweeps (i.e., higher depth settings), the less the DC offset from the Manual control is permitted to contribute. 

The ideal, of course, would be one where the full width of sweep can be "repositioned" many different places in the spectrum via the Manual control.  But that would require a much higher supply voltage and a redesigned sweep circuit.