FSH-1 Filter, Santa and Hold

Started by p_wats, October 27, 2009, 11:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p_wats

Hey guys,

I've been reading this forum for a while, but finally joined when I decided to build an FSH-1, as there were a lot of very helpful threads on the subject.

Thanks to the documented problems other people had with this build I've been able to get mine going relatively issue free (so thanks for laying the groundwork)!

There IS a slight ticking that people describe with this circuit, but it only happens when the optional wet/dry balance knob I added (as per this site) is below 100% and is not very noticeable at all. I did run into louder ticking at some point, but that disappeared as the build was finalized.

As for the "enclosure," I'm a sucker for off the wall tins like this and couldn't resist.

So thanks again for all the help this forum has given to allow me to preemptively avoid any major issues. This pedal is excellent and makes even the cheasiest of Casio keyboards sound great!

I look forward to bouncing ideas off of you all soon!

Slade

Looks great!  :D
I want to hear a demo!

rousejeremy

Awesome! I tried the mods originally, but reverted back to the stock model.
Did you try grounding the middle lug of the Sample/Hold pot while bypassed to get rid of the ticking? I read a suggestion that it would work although I have yet to try it.
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

p_wats

Quote from: rousejeremy on November 25, 2009, 01:29:10 PM
Awesome! I tried the mods originally, but reverted back to the stock model.
Did you try grounding the middle lug of the Sample/Hold pot while bypassed to get rid of the ticking? I read a suggestion that it would work although I have yet to try it.

I've thought about grounding while in bypass, but as long as there is a buffered pedal before the FSH-1 in my effects chain it isn't an issue for some reason.

All in all, were I to do it again I probably wouldn't bother with the up/down toggle and have found that a few of the other pots have a very limited useful range. There's also a volume drop if I pull back on the wet/dry knob too much, but it makes the sample and hold section very subtle and fun.