Super Hadron Collider

Started by WGTP, November 24, 2009, 02:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WGTP

Don't mention this to anyone on any other forums, but a friend of mine who is a very highly placed scientific official in Europe has told me that the real "agenda" for the collider is to develop a circuit, similar to a Distortion +, that sounds just like an all tube Raging Marshal Stack (RMS) even at low volumes (it could require 3 rather than 2 knobs).  Something about feeding the signal into a nano sized black hole contained in a standard looking 8 pin chip, bouncing around with the god particle for a few micro seconds and emerging with the full RMS sound, touch, feel, swagger, etc.  It would also extend life expectancy due to the time warp side affects of the black hole.  As you can imagine, there are a number of technological issues to be address before the pedal could be released for $39 at ??? music store.   :icon_rolleyes:

I'm glad to see this issue is finally getting the focus,  prioritization and resources from the international scientific community that it deserves.  :icon_cool:
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

ianmgull

manis404

Sometimes to do it right, you have to Do It Yourself.

petemoore

I tried that in my back yard, and it works great !
 It can be done with only 2 knobs, with the requirement that other external conditions must adhere to smaller variances, this limit the types of testing that can be accomplished.
 The particles processed from both tiers of pre-support circuits then recieve a final routing direction into and through the [tri-controller] Boosted Wave Harmonic Creation Device [B-WhacD for short] structures which are housed in an electron shield enclosure.
  We must be very careful never to swap the d for the r inside the hadron.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

dedguy

At $39 I'll take 2 just in case the world ends when I plug in my Les Paul  

Tony Forestiere

Will they call it the "Higgs Boson Box"?
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Carl Zwanzig
"Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the future." Euripides
"Friends don't let friends use Windows." Me

cobra94

I'll bet $1M the sound the god particle makes will be brown.

punkin

Just be warned that all warranty opportunities will expire in 2012  :icon_eek:
Ernie Ball Music Man - JPM, THD Univalve, Grace Big Daddy, PepperShredder, BSIAB2, FireFly Amplifier.

Cliff Schecht

I did some hadron collision experiments in my backyard using slingshots facing each other and got some very interesting results. The two particles smashed together and released over a tetraelectronvolt of energy. I used Leydon jars to store the energy and am using the Laydon jar battery to achieve a B+ of 600 V to power an OTL amplifier capable of 1000 W per channel. That's only about 125 6L6's per channel! I will be selling these amplifiers for the low low price of $10,000,000 if anyone is interested.

Mark Hammer

540 billion volts.  Geez, they're gonna need to buy some better-rated caps from Mouser.

I wonder if there are any op-amps that will work at that supply voltage for, y'know, like better tone when using a pair of LEDs.

sean k

I like the fact that when you plug it in and play the first strum you end up in the other universe, which is the reciprocal of this one, where ability  and enquiry is rated over greed and self interest. Surprising thing will be though, all the people you meet there will wonder why you just didn't go out and build a tube amp  :icon_rolleyes:
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

dschwartz

i already did it, with only 1 knob!:
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

Hupla

Quote from: Mark Hammer on November 24, 2009, 04:57:04 PM
540 billion volts.  Geez, they're gonna need to buy some better-rated caps from Mouser.

I wonder if there are any op-amps that will work at that supply voltage for, y'know, like better tone when using a pair of LEDs.

Some headroom right there
Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

danielzink

If they find the god particle - will it have something to do with Clay Jones or Landgraff ?

alanlan

Oh shit guys, I just dropped the pedal in the black hole thingy.

ianmgull

Quote from: dschwartz on November 24, 2009, 06:11:39 PM
i already did it, with only 1 knob!:

And you're from the future to help with the design process of the very gadget that allowed you to travel time in the first place?

jessej

Lol, Behringer already copied it!:

Behringer Hadron Superstomp A-666
http://www.behringer.de/EN/Products/HA666.aspx

Skruffyhound

Ah, Beavis made that ages ago, I think he might have used a few too many knobs though. http://www.beavisaudio.com/projects/LargeHadronColliderDelay/

brett

I just checked in the shed and all of my Hadrons are gone.
That's what I get for being cheap and using a padlock instead of a quantum key encrypter.
I wonder if the God particle will turn out to be female?  If so, can I use them to get the "woman" tone?
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

Mark Hammer

Okay, I was checking in with some physics friends, and I now know where all the CA3094s and CA3080s went to.  I gather for that much voltage you need a LOT of transconductance!  Dang.  If they would have used LM13600s just think of all the Small Stones and Microsynths we could have made! :icon_cry: