Whammy power cuts out with a signal running through it

Started by ppatchmods, February 04, 2010, 12:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ppatchmods

I have a whammy4 and the power shuts off while your playing. then you have to unplug it and try to get it back on. it takes a few tries to get it to power up afterwards. it weems like it happens more often with a signal running through it. anybody know what's going on here?
When your life is over, will any of this STUFF really matter?

Top Top

Are you using the stock power supply, or a replacement? I had something similar happen with a digital delay/pitch shifter and discovered it was because the power supply was not rated for high enough amperage.

ppatchmods

it is a replacement but the same voltage and ma rating as the original.

ppatchmods

read on another forum that it could be the ps going out. also others have had experience with too much current being drawn from the same breaker and causes these symptoms. ordering a new ps.

Processaurus

Digital stuff gets really bummed out when its processors supply gets saggy.  You could check the power supply caps and voltages at the voltage regulators without having to know too much about the intricacies of the whammy.  I've had digital stuff where the power supply was going bad, and at a show or practice when the band would play loud it would sag the line voltage enough to break the camel's back and make it bomb.