Need enclosure advice from you boutiquers!

Started by mnordbye, February 08, 2010, 07:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmr1

Quote from: John Lyons on February 09, 2010, 10:08:44 AM
the 125Bs are $1.70 each!!!???
http://cgi.ebay.com/125B-aluminum-enclosures-diy-pedal-effects-qty-100pcs_W0QQitemZ330403122773QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item4ced8f8e55

Great price on those...too bad I don't use them though....

I'm not set up to do quantity work.
It takes forever and I don't make much...

John

I know. Amazing price! They were $150 for 100 when I got them, he went up $20 (prob. didn't think about eBay/paypal fees) I couldn't pass them up even though I don't use them a lot, but for certain builds, the extra height is nice - jacks and DC can fit above pots easily, etc.

John Lyons

Anyone want to go in on 100? Let me know ASAP.

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

jacobyjd

Quote from: John Lyons on February 09, 2010, 10:26:02 AM

John

I'd consider it, but for whatever reason, 125B enclosures strike me as butt-ugly. B-size at that price? dontmindifido :)
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

Kearns892

Heck, I could put in $25 for 10, not sure if it would be worth your while though.

mnordbye

Quote from: gmr1 on February 09, 2010, 09:33:36 AM
The 4site boxes are very nice. I find them to be a lot better than the NSC boxes we were using. The metal seems more "uniform" in color texture. They finish very nice. I'd recommend them.

As an aside, if anyone needs quantity on 125B boxes, a seller on eBay is selling lots of 100 for $170. I got some last week, and they're excellent.

edit: IIRC - PPP is now using the 4site boxes.

The 4site boxes does look solid, so PPP is my best shoot as of now.

Keep the suggestions coming though! If anyone knows of any other company who supplies drilled boxes at good prices (in quantity), i'm interested.  :)
General tone addict
Deaf Audio at Facebook

rustypinto

Quote from: John Lyons on February 09, 2010, 10:26:02 AM

John

You can count me in for 20pcs.
  • SUPPORTER

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Paul Marossy

Quote from: John Lyons on February 09, 2010, 01:36:36 AM
Pretty sure they do (have a CNC now) but I think they just got it...

I've heard a lot of first hand horror stories about them...
this should help with the holes at least.

John

Well, I haven't had any bad experiences with the holes. They have been dead on for at least a couple hundred enclosures. Maybe it's even more like 300 units that I have built for my client with their enclosures now.

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: gmr1 on February 09, 2010, 09:33:36 AM
The 4site boxes are very nice. I find them to be a lot better than the NSC boxes we were using. The metal seems more "uniform" in color texture. They finish very nice. I'd recommend them.

As an aside, if anyone needs quantity on 125B boxes, a seller on eBay is selling lots of 100 for $170. I got some last week, and they're excellent.

edit: IIRC - PPP is now using the 4site boxes.

4Site boxes beat the pants off NSC boxes.  Tight lids, good screws, even casting.  I've had no issues with their boxes at all.

Try a little tenderness.

John Lyons

4Site boxes beat the pants off NSC boxes.  Tight lids, good screws, even casting.  I've had no issues with their boxes at all.

Yep, I agree.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

tiges_ tendres

What's odd is that those 125B's are uber cheap!  I'm wondering if they are seconds in some way.  What threw me was that 4Site now sell 125-B sized boxes, and the seller of those 125-B's on ebay just happens to be in the same city as 4Site.

Just a thought.
Try a little tenderness.

gmr1

Quote from: tiges_ tendres on February 09, 2010, 01:28:32 PM
What's odd is that those 125B's are uber cheap!  I'm wondering if they are seconds in some way.  What threw me was that 4Site now sell 125-B sized boxes, and the seller of those 125-B's on ebay just happens to be in the same city as 4Site.

Just a thought.

Same guy. I noticed his name in the email address was the same as my contact at 4site... So I talked to him about that. I was told they purchased the inventory of another company, and these are boxes from that purchase that they're liquidating. I got a batch. They seem good from the couple I unwrapped. No ribs, bigger sized screws, bottom plates fit well... I was looking for issues with them, and they appear to be good quality. I was thinking the metal is a little bit thinner than some other 125's I've had. but I'd have to dig out the micrometer to see, as it would be that close.

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: gmr1 on February 09, 2010, 01:51:30 PM
Quote from: tiges_ tendres on February 09, 2010, 01:28:32 PM

Just a thought.

Same guy. I noticed his name in the email address was the same as my contact at 4site... So I talked to him about that. I was told they purchased the inventory of another company, and these are boxes from that purchase that they're liquidating. I got a batch. They seem good from the couple I unwrapped. No ribs, bigger sized screws, bottom plates fit well... I was looking for issues with them, and they appear to be good quality. I was thinking the metal is a little bit thinner than some other 125's I've had. but I'd have to dig out the micrometer to see, as it would be that close.

Oh yeah.  I forgot they also buy excess inventory from other places to sell on.

Try a little tenderness.

cloudscapes

Isn't the problem with PPP samples is that it'll cost over $200 for a single one with graphic?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Skruffyhound

mnordbye

Quote from: cloudscapes on February 09, 2010, 06:14:24 PM
Isn't the problem with PPP samples is that it'll cost over $200 for a single one with graphic?

Yep, that's right. But if you're not gonna buy enclosures with graphics, then you'll be fine i guess. :)
General tone addict
Deaf Audio at Facebook

glops

Hi John,

I would go in on 20-30 or less, I will PM you, as well.

My email is rbmcintosh@yahoo.com

Skruffyhound

Quoteplus import tax

Yeah, that would round it up to about 4.50 a box, oh well, maybe it's a good time for liquidators and they'll start a sister company in the EU.