Help with 9v Electric Mistress build: flanger/filter matrix switch problems

Started by bluesdevil, February 11, 2010, 02:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluesdevil

I've finally taken the plunge and built the 9 volt Electric Mistress on the Gaussmarkov site and something isn't quite right. I'm not really sure how the flanger/filter matrix" switch is suppose to work. When the switch is down I can control the flange effect with the range pot, but the rate control is not working. Would this be the "filter matrix"? with the switch up I get a bypassed/ no-effect sound and the controls and trims make no change in this. Obviously I've got a problem somewhere, but was wondering if it at least it sounds like the filter matrix was working correctly.
     Damn, reminds me of the problems I had with my Bad Stone build some years ago..... bad luck with EH projects, ha!
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

bluesdevil

FIXED!!
After doing more research I realized the filter matrix part of the switch was working fine. I then traced the wire going to the LFO from the other end of switch and found a very small copper bridge (not solder) connected to ground. I had to look under a much brighter light to notice it... my eyes are going bad, I guess.
Next up I'll work on the buffer circuit to get it up to unity gain and then see about making it work at 12 or 15 volts for a stronger/clearer sound using a charge pump.
    Been a while since I posted here and really haven't been browsing the forum lately. Need to get back to building more... really have been missing it.

"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy