EZ Q? BSIAB2 for Bass guitar

Started by arma61, February 12, 2010, 10:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arma61

Hi m8s

Do I need to mod anything into a BSIABII (with a contour pot added as per suggestion at GGG) to let it play good also with a bass guitar? I don't own a bass guitar so I cannot make any test with the one I have.

Thx 4 help
Armando

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

arma61

bump

so, no bass player over here ?  :)

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Quackzed

the bsiab is a pretty high gain device already.
i suspect that a bass signal is going to drive it pretty hard ,probably too hard.
the first thing i'd try would be some kind of input attenuation... maybee a 'volume pot' type thing at the input of the effect.
if you can get a decent sound through it by turning the bass's volume down, this will work the same and let you use your bass volume normally.
-the best thing though would probably be to add a 'clean blend' pot to it. most 'bass oriented' effects use a clean blend. it's probably the most useful mod to any effect pedal that you want to use with bass guitar as it allows those big bass signals to get through undistorted and be blended in with the distorted side...
i'd add a clean blend.

nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

arma61

thx Gil u r the man!

I did a search here for clean blender and got a lot of posts (no doubt about that!) and I've got it, a miniblender, tooks 5 mins on prefboard! and it looks like it works, at list with my guitar and my BSIAB2 playing low strings.

thx again
Armando

Quackzed

nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!