.Mike

Check out ledshoppe.com.

100x 13000mcd 5mm white: $8
100x 8000mcd 5mm red: $5
100x 6000mcd 5mm blue: $7
100x 8000mcd 5mm green: $8
100x 5000mcd 5mm yellow: $6
100x 4000mcd 5mm orange: $6

All prices include shipping, which takes a little bit because they are in, I believe, Hong Kong. If you join their newsletter, they give you coupons for free stuff. :)

Mike
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

walker

So 5-8 cents per led.  Including shipping that's a great deal, but I don't need 100 of each color! (though that would be cool)  Plus the resistors, although with effectsconnection, I'm getting a resistor with each LED, but won't need all of them if I put them in series.   I'll definitely keep ledshoppe bookmarked though.  When I get a bit more cash flow I might try this project in a grander scale. 

walker

ooh..  Just noticed that ledshoppe has   470 Ohm 1/4 Watt Carbon Film Resistors X 100pcs on sale for $1.99.  Or 1000pcs for $6.99

philbinator1

Can you post pix of the results?  I'm really keen to see how you go  :)
"Hows are we's?  We's in the f*cking middle of a dinners meal!  Dats hows we am!" - Skwisgaar Skwigelf

walker

yeah, i'll get some pics.  I don't have a camera (or cell phone) but I have a friend who will bring her iPhone over and take some photos when it's done.    I imagine there as many ways to do this as there are people willing to try it! 

walker

bump.  I'm still working on this!!!   Between my two jobs and my band, I haven't had much time for such activities.... but it's getting there. I also got sidetracked for a while by this: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=66840.0   Really wish I had a camera. 

Has anybody else tried this yet?   Philbinator?

phector2004

Very off topic, and sorry to resurrect, but guilt brings me back...

went looking for this thread yesterday night so I could copy-paste my arsenic explanation to a friend

After reading my posts, I realize I become very harsh when in disagreement  :P

Sorry if I have offended/will offend anyone in the future, I don't mean to be mean, I just get excited in the heat of the argument  ;)

amptramp

Quote from: phector2004 on August 14, 2010, 12:05:08 PM
Very off topic, and sorry to resurrect, but guilt brings me back...

went looking for this thread yesterday night so I could copy-paste my arsenic explanation to a friend

After reading my posts, I realize I become very harsh when in disagreement  :P

Sorry if I have offended/will offend anyone in the future, I don't mean to be mean, I just get excited in the heat of the argument  ;)

No problem, I was quoting what was in a Chemistry text from 1934, so this was the understanding at that time.  Maybe we should all keep some British Anti-Lewisite handy just in case.