Just another neat etching video

Started by tranceracer, March 17, 2010, 02:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tranceracer

For newbies, Not sure if this has been posted.  This video shows how to do photo resist etching, they push jameco but the method is the same.  I've moved over to the Muric acid etching method rather than feric.  Enjoy! :D

http://www.jameco.com/jameco/pressroom/makeoneetch.html?CID=bbrmarch2921931&sp_rid=MTgzMzM2MTk1NTAS1&sp_mid=2921931

John Lyons

That's a nice video, thanks for posting.
Even has a Tonepad layout in the intro.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

phector2004

cool vid!

he gets a really clean board out of that, no messed up traces etc. but it seems to take a long time to lay on the positive first + there's potential to mess up the development by opening a door and letting light in once you've peeled off the cover!

never etched before, but as a newbie im gonna ask, what's easier?

thanks for the idea!

KazooMan

Very nice video.  How does the cost compare for using the UV sensitive board versus press and peel blue and an iron?  This does look almost foolproof (but I'm enough of a fool to screw it up!! :D).  The iron-on transfers, using P&P or some other paper method, rely critically on preparing the surface of the board prior to the heat transfer as well as on a bit of technique to do the heating.  Here is seems that you would not have those problems.  I can imagine that there could be a host of new issues to deal with, but this does look inviting.