Mobius Trip Looper wiring layout - pls proof

Started by loves_guitar, March 18, 2010, 01:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loves_guitar

Hey guys,
I picked up a Mobius PCB. Was very excited to build it until I realized there isn't a definitive wiring layout.
So, I've read all the threads I could around here about it, checked with the PCB layout, and I hope that this is a wiring layout that works.
Obtained my info from GGG.
If you guys could, please double-check.
Thanks!

Dean Hazelwanter

Hi,

Your layout uses the modified switching proposed by idiot_savant in the thread http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=32651.20 , which looks like it should work fine, and makes operation easier. Everything looks correct with 2 minor exceptions. The input and output signals should be connected on the pcb to the pin with the sine wave symbol not the center pin. If you match up the silk screen layer and the copper layer you'll see that in both cases, the center pin is unused.

Also, in the pm you sent me you ask
QuoteOne question - where does the "Safe" switch get wired? I see on the schematic it is coming off of the "rec/play", but how would I represent that on the wiring layout?
If you break the purple wire between the record switch and pin 'R' on the pcb, and insert an SPST switch, that will protect from recording over a (pre)recorded loop.

Hope that helps!

loves_guitar

Thanks, Dean, for chiming in!

Here is the revised wiring layout: