Help with wiring a box of rock clone.

Started by elenore19, April 04, 2010, 01:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elenore19

Hi,
So I realized that I have no idea really how to go about wiring up this pedal with 2 regular dpdt switches.
(I've only done pedals with one 3pdt)
This picture gives me how to wire up the switches, but what I don't know is where the wires go from there...For the input...Tip/sleeve? Where on the 9v dc adapter do I plug in? Where's the ground go? How should the jacks hook up to eachother, if at all. etc. etc.
I hooked it up how I thought it might work based on other builds, but I have no sound going through the pedal.
ALSO!
I had 3 battery clips that I never planned on using and needed wire....I cut the wire from the clips and used that...there shouldn't be a problem with that, right?

MikeH

Quote from: elenore19 on April 04, 2010, 01:14:14 PM
Hi,
So I realized that I have no idea really how to go about wiring up this pedal with 2 regular dpdt switches.
(I've only done pedals with one 3pdt)
This picture gives me how to wire up the switches, but what I don't know is where the wires go from there...For the input...Tip/sleeve? Where on the 9v dc adapter do I plug in? Where's the ground go? How should the jacks hook up to eachother, if at all. etc. etc.
I hooked it up how I thought it might work based on other builds, but I have no sound going through the pedal.
ALSO!
I had 3 battery clips that I never planned on using and needed wire....I cut the wire from the clips and used that...there shouldn't be a problem with that, right?

Input Jack = Input Tip.  Same for output.  Sleeves and "ground" all connect together, As well as the - on the DC Jack.  Battery goes to ring on input jack if you're using a battery (Note- you have to use a stereo jack for the battery or it will run dead).  +9v connects to + on DC jack or battery.

The wire on the Battery snaps is the same as any other wire, so that is ok.

This effect is actually 2 effects because although they are on the same board and share the ground and 9v+, they are independent effects with their own separate ins and outs- so wiring it up is exactly like wiring up 2 effect in one box.  If you search "2 effects one box" you'll probably find lots of info.

"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

elenore19

Quote from: MikeH on April 04, 2010, 07:50:14 PM
Input Jack = Input Tip.  Same for output.  Sleeves and "ground" all connect together, As well as the - on the DC Jack.  Battery goes to ring on input jack if you're using a battery (Note- you have to use a stereo jack for the battery or it will run dead).  +9v connects to + on DC jack or battery.

The wire on the Battery snaps is the same as any other wire, so that is ok.

This effect is actually 2 effects because although they are on the same board and share the ground and 9v+, they are independent effects with their own separate ins and outs- so wiring it up is exactly like wiring up 2 effect in one box.  If you search "2 effects one box" you'll probably find lots of info.

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate the help. I don't have the ground setup correctly or the +9v, so there's my problem.

Also, I can look up the 2 effects in one box thing, but it'll be for general pedals. This layout doesn't specify the in or out of both effects, just the in and out for the entire pedal. But I'll look into it, I guess nothing could be hurt by trying out different configurations and what not.