Whisker Biscuit eats my Muff for dinner.

Started by superferrite, April 08, 2010, 05:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superferrite

Thanks to RunoffGroove for doing their homework on this one.

I added a 100KA bias on the front end that doesn't SEEM to do much but really helps your guitar volume control's sensitivity to control the fuzz level.
Also opted for an LED instead of the standard Bazz Fuss 1n914 diode to reduce synthy compression and sustain a tad.  Pedal is also louder.  I tried both, and this was my personal call.  The original diode was really cool, too.

VERY versatile, as people here will tell ya.  I lent it to a buddy with a seventies Muff he's had for 30 years and he liked the WB much much more.  His twenty year old metalhead son rocked it for an hour as well!
The tone knob has almost 100% good sounding settings--my old Civil War muff had like two I enjoyed.
The WB is noisy as hell, though.  Gotta tell ya that!

Thanks guys, and if anyone is wondering, this pedal is a great muff alternative.
Psychedelic Garage Metal

Brymus

Nice you like it so much.
Any chance of some clips of the two pedals in question ?
I would love to hear the difference for myself.
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

superferrite

Sorry, Brymus.  Nothing any time soon, but I'll definately record the Biscuit soon.  It has the right sound for some Shoegaze-style stuff I have in mind.
Psychedelic Garage Metal