Parallax USB Oscilloscope

Started by daveh222, April 09, 2010, 05:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveh222

Does anyone have experience using a Parallax pc interfaced scope? It would be nice to have something portable for basic audio troubleshooting. If you've used one, how did it work out?
thanks!

daveh222

Anybody? What about other PC-based usb scopes? I want to find a small replacement for old analog scopes.
thanks

slotbot

i have this one

http://www.syscompdesign.com/CGR101.html

it has some good additional features like an fft spectrum analyzer and an arbitrary waveform generator. The software can also be setup to automatically generate these really nice bode plots (frequency response). its definitely very portable. i have not used any other similar productss so i cant say if its better or worse but this one seems to get the job done. My only complaint is that the main window of the software cannot be resized. This is sometimes annoying when i use my netbook which has a res of 1024 by ithink 600 and the window is stuck at 1024 by 768 or so.

before i bought it iwas only able to find 1 review on line which was someone on a blog complaining about how hard it was to install. either they made it better/easier or this guy was doing somethign strange because i was able to just run te setup.exe then plug it in and it worked from the get go (on 2 differnet machines).

daveh222

Thanks, Slotbot -
I hadn't seen that one and it looks pretty good. They have a very thorough manual online and I like the sweepable function generator too. It would be nice if the voltage sensitivity were a little better, but it looks good enough for most audio work.

-Dave