crazy oscillations, DC at input jack, dual TS build gone wrong....

Started by danielzink, April 12, 2010, 09:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielzink

So......

I've got what amounts to - two Tubescreamers in one enclosure.

Wired as such:
http://aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/DRAGONFLY-LAYOUTS_0/The-Mod-Zone-_/WIRING_2_FX_IN_1_BOX.gif.html

I have the pop reduction mod done to both LED's (http://www.muzique.com/lab/led.htm).

When I power the pedal up - any pedal before it - pops like mad when engaged.

The pedal itself sounds like it's picking up RF from somewhere. It just sits there popping and static'ing by itself.

It does pass signal bypass and engaged it's just staticy as heck and it (LED) pops loud enough even at low volumes to make the speaker cones move..

Also - there's about 1.25v at the input jack ??

Where did I go wrong ?

Thanks, Dan

petemoore

there's about 1.25v at the input jack ??
  "DC BLocking capacitor?"
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

GibsonGM

1) did you test each circuit independently to verify that it works ok?  It's kind of pointless to run ahead and get them all boxed up with 2 complex switches if you don't know if they work, and it makes it very difficult to troubleshoot since the problem could be on board 1, board 2, switch 1, switch 2, the LED circuit.....

2)  Are you sure you understand how the switches are oriented? Turning them 90 degrees totally changes the layout. 

DC on the input, if it wasn't there before, is due to a short from the LED part of the switch to the signal part.  Check your connections! 
How are you powering the 2 boards? Can you post a drawing or something of how the power supply connects?

The problem isn't likely serious, just going to take you some searching to find out what's not connected right!   
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...