Emma Pisdiyauwot

Started by caspercody, April 13, 2010, 09:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caspercody

Just wondering if anyone has any information on this pedal? Curious of what type of distortion circuit is used (schematic would be great)?

Thanks
Rob

anchovie

Didn't it only go into production a couple of months ago?  ::)

If they've built it like the Reezafratzitz, the PCB will be encased in a block of resin. There'll only be a schematic if someone vandalises a unit.
Bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow.

DougH

So what does the name mean? "Piss on all you diy-ers for breaking my resin and reversing my brilliant designs, especially in Australia- What?!?"??  

:icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

modsquad

OMG what a pitiful attempt at marketing.  I mean really, a trim pot to bias the thing from Class A to B amp.   He better hope no one researches what Class A and B mean in regards to amps.  Geez, just be honest about what it is.    :icon_evil: :icon_eek: :icon_rolleyes:
"Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light, not because he is afraid of the dark but because the dark is afraid of him"

DougH

Wasn't the "reezafritizit" or "whatzit" or whatever it is called found to just be another "tube sound fuzz"?

I find stompbox circuit gooping pretty hilarious anymore, but goop bricks are almost offensive in their megalomania. Dude- your guitar toy is just not that important...  :icon_rolleyes: :icon_mrgreen:

anchovie

Quote from: DougH on April 13, 2010, 02:43:31 PM
Wasn't the "reezafritizit" or "whatzit" or whatever it is called found to just be another "tube sound fuzz"?

The only similarity it had to the TSF was the use of CMOS inverters. There are more gain stages, different filtering, inverter-based active tone controls. No "just" about it, that would be like saying that a Diezel head is a modded Bassman.
Bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow.

Mark Hammer

What's got me curious is why some of the letters in their product names are in upper case, and the others aren't.

humptydumpty

WangoFett

Re: some letters being uppercase

I think the uppercased syllable is used to illustrate emphasis, I guess because Emma really really want people to pronounce the pedal names right.

humptydumpty

I can imagine thats a difficult task to overcome.

MikeH

Sounds an awful lot like a Zvex Box o' Metal.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

DougH

After a while, all the distortion boxes start sounding the same to me. What's really scary is when you come up with a "new" one and go to the trouble of building it. Then you drag an old one out of the storage box and realize it sounds almost exactly the same.  :icon_eek: Needless to say, I don't build a lot of distortions anymore...  :icon_wink:

joegagan

Quote from: DougH on April 14, 2010, 01:22:00 PM
After a while, all the distortion boxes start sounding the same to me. What's really scary is when you come up with a "new" one and go to the trouble of building it. Then you drag an old one out of the storage box and realize it sounds almost exactly the same.  :icon_eek: Needless to say, I don't build a lot of distortions anymore...  :icon_wink:

shhhhh doug, you have discovered the magical mystical secret- the basis for a dynasty in which millions are spent each year in search of 'that tone'. your truths matter not a whit to me, the emperor DOES have clothes, and they are made from NOS parts and fairy dust.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

WGTP

If you think that is true now, wait till you 55.   :icon_rolleyes: :icon_twisted: :icon_wink: :icon_frown: :icon_lol: :icon_eek: :icon_cool:
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

DougH

That's probably it as I'm 51 now. Huh?!? What'd you say?

Top Top

I'm only 30, and I seem to have hit that wall. My experience has been that an EQ will get more fuzzes out of your fuzzes than all the fuzzes combined.

Brymus

Quote from: DougH on April 14, 2010, 01:22:00 PM
AMEN, even though I am still building distortions,but thats mainly due to my skill level.
I want to build envolope based effects and phasers and such just not there yet...
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

Mark Hammer

55?  51?  Pishers!! the lot of you!! :icon_lol:

I think Top Top says it very well, but I'll reframe what he said just to be different:  Just as much, or even more variation can often be achieved by how you employ a fuzz, and the context it is in, than by simply switching to another fuzz.

Worse - for me fuzz boxes and blues songs are pretty much the same.  Once you've mastered the 3 chords and 12 bars, they all start to blend into each other and all apparent differences start to boil down to tempo and key.  Of course, if you are a blues afficionado, then you can hear the sort of difference between any two Bo Diddley or any two John Lee Hooker tunes that most people would need a Herb Alpert and Motorhead tune to hear a similar degree of difference.  FWIW, if you print out all the posted DOD distortion schematics and spread them out, you start to see that they consist principally of the same underlying circuit with a bit of pre-distortion EQ here and post-distortion EQ there to change up the flavour.  I'm not dissing DOD or what those recipes result in, merely noting that what Top Top says is not only symbolically true, but very often actually true in a concrete sense.

DougH

Yes it's all about the EQ. I've been saying that for a long time (well... at least as long as it's occurred to me  :icon_wink:). Which is why I don't agonize too much over clipping techniques, diodes, etc.

DougH

Quote from: anchovie on April 13, 2010, 04:15:44 PM
Quote from: DougH on April 13, 2010, 02:43:31 PM

The only similarity it had to the TSF was the use of CMOS inverters. There are more gain stages, different filtering, inverter-based active tone controls. No "just" about it, that would be like saying that a Diezel head is a modded Bassman.

Whatever. Just repeating what I heard somewhere else. I have no interest in it.