DPDT mini-toggle switch capacitor mod BSIAB2

Started by philbinator1, April 18, 2010, 09:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbinator1

Hey guys,

I've been mucking around with this DPDT mini-toggle switch and I think I've come up with a way to make it work with
my BSIAB2 (doing a cap switch on C8, between 0.1uF and 1.0uF).  Thought I'd share the results:

(000)     < 0.1 uF cap
     |  |       < cap legs
     ll  ll       < top lugs (attached to 0.1 uF cap legs)
     ll  ll       <centre lugs (each lug attached to it's respective hole on circuit board)
     ll  ll       <lower lugs (attached to 1.0 uF cap)
     |  |       < cap legs
    (000)     < 1.0 uF cap

Pretty basic ascii, but I wanted it posted for noobs like me.  :)  It works with resistors, too.  I measured it
with my Digital Multi Meter, but if anything is incorrect please don't hesitate to say.

Cheers all
Phil
"Hows are we's?  We's in the f*cking middle of a dinners meal!  Dats hows we am!" - Skwisgaar Skwigelf

Scruffie

You can do it with just a SPDT too, although admittedly the DPDT ends up a bit neater...
Here's an article on switching components http://www.beavisaudio.com/techpages/Switches/

philbinator1

;D  Dude, tonight you win the Most Helpful Scruffie award.  Thanks mate!   :)
"Hows are we's?  We's in the f*cking middle of a dinners meal!  Dats hows we am!" - Skwisgaar Skwigelf

Bucksears

philbinator1

Yup that's right.  I just finished it and tried it...pretty subtle...but it was only on the tiny solid state practice amp.  Will post
results from the Triple XXX tomorrow  :)