Plotting Response of a Tone Stack

Started by YouAre, May 06, 2010, 04:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouAre

I've got the Duncan Tone Stack Calculator (great piece of software!) but we all know it's very limited in the sense that you can only use the preset tonestacks. I've seen some other tonestacks that I'd like to plot in a fashion similar to the DTSC. I'd use a program like pSpice, but I don't know if it's possible/how to vary the resistance and be able to see the curve in real time. Do any of you guys know of another program like the DTSC, but you can program in a new tone stack? I know I can calculate the response myself, but visualizing it and being able to vary the resistance/potentiometer myself would make things so much easier. Anybody?

Thanks for the help!

GibsonGM

+1, learn how to make the curves in LT Spice....EXTREMELY useful!!!! Like TSC for ANY filter circuit!!!
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

teemuk

You can vary the component parameters using the .step function - and combine those with arithmetics in .param function. There are couple of spice models for potentiometers so you can save yourself from the trouble of writing the arithmetic functions for two resistors in order to simulate a pot.

...Now that .step function becomes really handy when you apply it to the "wiper" parameter of a typical potentiometer model.

YouAre

Thanks, I'll try that. I have orcad Pspice on my computer, will that work as well? Or is lt spice the only one where these methods would work.