Help needed with first Bazz Fuss layout

Started by bisonkills, May 08, 2010, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bisonkills

Hi guys!

So, after breadboarding the Bazz Fuss circuit, I've decided to make a vero version of my own. This is my first project having built a BYOC 250+ and Phaser.

I'm going for the basic Bazz Fuss vero design, with a volume pot, voltage sag and LED. I got my footswitch wiring info here from gaussmarkov: diy fx. It's a little different from the way the BYOC 3PDT switches are wired, but I'm guessing this works fine too? I plan on socketing C1, C2 and Q1 so I can experiment with different values of caps and transistors.

This is my first attempt at a layout for the project, so it's very likely there are plenty of mistakes. Took me a while to get my head round the wiring. I'm unsure if the LED wiring is correct? Please advise if this looks okay.

Some particular questions:

- Is a 10k linear pot okay for the voltage sag?
- Why am I seeing so may different ways of wiring up a 3PDT switch (the tutorial above and Beavis Audio both differ slightly), is there a 'wrong' and a 'right' way?

bisonkills

Updated, to correct volume pot wiring and grounds:

Cardboard Tube Samurai

Maybe start with a link to the schematic. Some people probably won't be interested in helping if they have to search for one.