step-by-step instructions for Ruby amp?

Started by monkeywrench, June 08, 2010, 12:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeywrench

hi everyone.  total noob question.  i have a hard time with schematics.   is there such a thing out there anywhere as step-by-step instructions for the ruby amp?  this is supposed to be a super easy circuit, but i'm just not getting it.  i want to build it on perfboard so i don't have to etch a pcb.  any help would be appreciated.

thanks a lot.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.
--H. L. Mencken

daveh222

petemoore

hi everyone.  total noob question.  i have a hard time with schematics.
  Howdy, not for long you aren'tm not anymore..I have a hard time with somantics, so we're even !
  The only help for being a newb is reads [links, more links, google search for terminology help, starting at the top of this page, ID'ing and understanding the components is a great place to start.
  If you can Cypher what's behind the letters GEO, then you'd be less newbie like Mark, PRR, RG etc. Sometimes comprehension requires understanding pages of data related to a googled letter or number.
  One of these is called power supplies for effects, it details how AC differs from DC, the latter being the power a circuit uses, AC being...AC like 120vac [60 cycles per second] or the AC your string causes the coil/magnet to 'produce' [which an amplifier can then use DC to 'make a bigger version of' the source], an electrical signal impulse which is an 'analog' of the frequencies at which the strings are moving.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

MarkR2955

I was looking for something like this...but, does anyone have a perf layout? I could make one myself, but way to lazy for that...also, is there a way to hook up a foot switch for the grit? something that when plugged in bypasses the normal switch maybe?
There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

monkeywrench

thanks for the suggestions everyone.  i'll keep at it.  i successfully built the 2-knob bender clone from byoc.com, but it had a beautiful pcb.  i'm good at soldering, but when i see schematics, i just freeze.
--H. L. Mencken

Archer18

monkeywrench

oh, man, that looks handy.  plain english i can understand.  thanks for the link.  i'm continually amazed at links people send me from sites i've been searching for days without luck.  thanks!
--H. L. Mencken