Just want to say thanks to RunoffGroove

Started by DougH, June 08, 2010, 10:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DougH

... For their "Little Gem Mark 2" LM386 amp. I built one to use with my "transduce anything" guitar sustainer. It works great for that, plenty of power and low noise. But last night for kicks I tried it plugged into my 4x12. Holy crap! What a cool little practice amp! Really sounds nice. :icon_wink: Cool "amp like" breakup and controllable with the guitar volume knob. I thought it needed a little more treble so what to do? I plugged my Rangemaster into it and I couldn't believe the killer sound I was getting out of it. I was even getting some feedback out of it too. Just two tiny little 1590B boxes and a closed back 4x12- amazing... Thanks guys!
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

stringsthings

amen brother ! .... i would also like to thank runoffgroove for their contributions to the DIY community .... long live the fuzz box !  :icon_mrgreen:

B Tremblay

Thank YOU, Doug, for sharing your positive experience with the circuit!
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

Kain

Just built Ruby myself too in a iPod Classic retail box with a speaker borrowed from my sons toy.

Professor Tweed and Supreaux are super also. Thank you ROG!
Kain / Vasuri Kabala
Octavia/D-Reverb/Ampeg Scrambler/2*TS-808/Fuzz Face 69/Ross Compressor/Oscillator/May Queen/Drawdio/Professor Tweed/Supreaux/2*Ruby/ZVEX Fuzz Factory/Valve Caster

akc1973

:)Yep, thanks ROG for your great website.....btw, are there any new projects in the pipeline? Not that I've built all you current ones  :icon_redface:
Builds: Bazz Fuss, Orange Squeezer, Omega, Green Ringer, Dist+, X-Fuzz