Recommend me some Knobs

Started by Kearns892, July 08, 2010, 11:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kearns892

Finished a peppermill a while back, and the white knobs I ordered for it turned out to be more of a cream color and looked horrible. I want this one to look nice, so I was wanting some suggestions for knobs that are the same sort of white as an xbox controller. Also has anyone had success spray painting knobs to get an exact match?
Here's a pic of the pedal let me know what you think would look good (color and shape wise), the color is off, but it gives the idea. Thanks.

MmmPedals

There are spray paints made for plastic. I believe from rustoleum if i remember correctly.

stringsthings

sorry, i can't help with the knob colour .... but that pedal looks frickin' awesome ! .... if you entered it into the pedal olympics, i'd give it a 10.0 ..... !!  :)

very nice touch with the peppermint theme

you might try some guitar supply places .... chicken head knobs come in various shades of white and off-white ...

rousejeremy

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

kungpow79

Red Davies type.  Red will werk ;D

Kearns892

I was thinking the red would be harder to match than a white. I guess I made a typical male mistake thinking that "white is white" and any white knob would match perfectly with any white spray paint. How naive of me  :icon_rolleyes: I will look into these suggestions.

@ stringsthings Thanks for the praise

amptramp

You can get Krylon Fusion paint which is supposed to chemically bond to plastic if you want to paint a plastic knob.  A cautionary tale and method is shown in an antique radio restoration thread:

http://antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=98638

He was trying to get a two-tone colour on bakelite and he finally succeeded with a great finish.  A knob would be simpler, but the availability of the exact colour you want may be in doubt.  The good news?  Krylon Fusion is available at Wal-Mart.