Cleaned Out A Shop Of Their Old Transistors Today

Started by keto, July 22, 2010, 10:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keto

Guess I have to train myself to measure leakage (not a clue right now) as many of these (most?) are old germaniums.  I cleaned out a box at a small local shop today, didn't cost me much.  Also came with a bunch of stuff that I have zero idea what it is or does  ???

I'll be googling all this stuff, but if you know what some of it is or have used any, please share.

Transistors1, includes 40 NOS Sili NPN 2N2369, which I hear are great in Fuzz Faces.  Dammit, I hate Fuzz Faces.  The NTE123's also sound real good in low gain fuzzes, had some of them (from the same place) already.  Looks like I'll be building a few.  Also note the ECG400's, which I was told are heat sinks...awesome!

Transistors2, the right hand side is all 6- or 8- legs....would they be old IC's?  Couple of old pull AC127's, hope they measure out OK.

Transistors3 - built in heatsinks?  PhotoTransistors?

Dunno what the rest is:

These have a ceramic body I think.

Brymus

WoW !!   What a score, Drool,Drool,  :o
Thats just demanding of some vintage clones.
Great score Keto !!
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

JKowalski

Nice finds!

Yes the 6-8 legs are ICs.

Quote from: keto on July 22, 2010, 10:39:58 PM
Dunno what the rest is:

These have a ceramic body I think.

If the first pic here has any relation to the ones that look like it in bags they are all diode arrays (at least the three legged ones)... As you can see the first ones have the two diodes printed, thats the way the package is inside - two diodes, common cathode. Useful as full wave rectifiers with a center tapped transformer... The rest I can't see clearly cause they are in the bags...

ECG756 is a voltage regulator 4 pin look here

The last pic is probably resistor networks (10 or so resistors stuffed into a handy package). These are in a couple diff formats usually, maybe 5 separate resistors, maybe 9 resistors all tied together at one end to the tenth pin, I dunno.

CynicalMan

I have a couple of ECG102As and they sound good in fuzzes too. IIRC the hfe of mine were around 90-100.
Great score! 8)

joegagan

my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

igerup

Mmmm, good find. Time to experiment a bit, I think.   :icon_cool: