Question about Effect Loop and fuzz blending

Started by beto, August 02, 2010, 10:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beto

Hi everyone, this is my first question in the forum and first try to build a stompbox.

I want to know your opinion about building this Effect Loop

http://www.beavisaudio.com/techpages/PedalHacker/index.htm

But with the following mod. I want to have my clean guitar (direct to amp) all the time, and pressing the switch have the two signals together:

(in -> out) + (in -> send -> fuzz -> ret -> out)

What do you think about signal loss? is this recommended? I have seen passive signal spliters A or B and A and B boxes. Is it similar?

I don't want to loss in any moment my clean guitar sound while I'm playing.
Thanks.
Beto

Ps: I have already read in the forum that it's impossible to add a blend knob to this schema. That's why I'm thinking on this other schema.

petemoore

Blend involves impedances matching, buffer actives etc.
  What is shown there is true bypass with grounded jacks for in/out, these could be 3 wires to an effect in/out/Gnd.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

beto

Quote from: petemoore on August 02, 2010, 11:14:42 AM
  Blend involves impedances matching, buffer actives etc.
  What is shown there is true bypass with grounded jacks for in/out, these could be 3 wires to an effect in/out/Gnd.

Thanks!
I didn't mean true blending, just have the two signals. So, if I hardwire (in --> out) or add do you think it will work or it's not recommended to split/join the signals?
Thanks again
Beto

beto

By the way, with your answer I realized that I can do the test split / join just with wires before building the stomp box to see how it sounds. If it works ok, then I will add a switch for this option to the circuit.

Is there a efficient way to add an additional switch to have:

1) bypass (in -> out)
2) loop (in -> send -> effects -> ret -> out)
3) bypass + loop

Thanks in advance
Beto