debug FS3X Jamman Looper controller workalike

Started by petemoore, August 02, 2010, 03:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

Working from Paul Morassey's schematic, here's what's right:
  Everything:
  Everythings isolated, ground to sleeve of St Phono 1/4'' jack, and 3 SPST momentary switches.
  Ring has a diode's cathode and a momentary ground when switch pressed [tested].
  Tip has a D-cathode also, a momentary switch indeed makes gnd., to sleeve.
  The ring, when grounded turns the Reverse LED on/off.
  That's it, I'll go over the wiring 10 more times, the 'stripe' mark of 4001 anode is pointing to the gnd. switches.
  The diodes Are in the correct way ?
  I can't see much else to play with or test, still looking.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

petemoore

Nevermind and Daughhh...
 The jamman has a Record switch [if I had to choose only 1 this would be the parameter I'd use [too bad..teh St. version doesn't.]
 THe Stereo Jamman has 'Undo', which'd be so nice to have with 'record' ughh, in my recording exp. the two go very well together [record and re-record], neither unit has these two features.
Reverse [...doubt I'll want this one...ever], also Tempo [on the pedal is fine, we sure could use a remote record/redo footswitch, doesn't do much without it].
  The first loop around only records any noise, noise adds of course with each added loop recorded, being able to turn the record on is #1 parameter to have, trying to figure out how to get it [should have read the online manual more carefully...before].
 New thread time.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.