Ropez-Odd # Stages into 1 fixed stage=Happy

Started by LP Hovercraft, August 13, 2010, 10:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LP Hovercraft

Inspired by the EH Badstone and the Maestro Stage Phaser's overall rich quality of phasing-I'm having some pretty good results with a new Ropez variation using 7 swept stages with 1 fixed stage at the end. 

The last OTA stage is the same save for it being disconnected from the LFO and Pin 16 instead being connected to the +9 supply via 72K ohms of resistance.

I added a rotary switch where the pole sits connected to the input of the fixed stage with the switch connection throwing to the ends of the 3rd stage, the 5th or the 7th stages. 

The feedback line now feeds from the end of the fixed stage to the input of the 1st stage.  It will oscillate at the highest 25K or so of the regen pot's travel, which I need to attenuate somehow... 

The LFO out-to-OTA resistor has been lowered to 3.3K on mine.  Higher and lower range of sweep is a worthwhile mod on this one.  Don't go much below that value or it will FRY the OTA!!!

Otherwise, this is something I found to be quite a bit more deeply swirly than the stock Ropez.  Sorry-no means of generating sound samples on my end, but I'd encourage you to give it a try-you'll like it!