Phase 90 script mod on old block model (unmarked board)

Started by Chrisq206, August 23, 2010, 06:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisq206

I'm trying to figure out how to do the script mod on my old block Pase 90. The board is unlabeled and I don't know enough about electronics to figure out how to translate the schematic to the board.

If someone could post a pick w/ the resistors I'm supposed to take out, I'd appreciate it.

DougH

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

zombiwoof

Quote from: DougH on August 24, 2010, 01:15:26 PM
Find the 22k resistor and remove it.

That won't work because there are multiple 22k resistors on the board.
I have an early Dunlop Phase 90 that has the same board as the original MXR block logo, last version (case mounted jacks, pot, switch, handwired), and I did the Script mod to it.  It actually is more than just removing R28 if you want to do it right.

Here's the mods (I did all of the mods listed at bottom left under "script mods":

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/Schematics-etc/MXR_Phase_90_to_Script.gif.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

I had the same problem as you, no one knew how to locate the components on the older board.  I found info on Erik's Corner (Erik Hansen's pages), but I just checked and he no longer has the info for the older block logo board.  The only thing I can suggest you do is try searching for "Phase 90 Script Mod" on the net, and try to find the info for that board, that's what I did.  It may take you a while, but it has to be out there somewhere.  I tried posting the question here before I did my mod, and no one had the answer.  It was very frustrating.

Good luck,
Al

DougH

Quote from: zombiwoof on August 24, 2010, 01:49:18 PM

That won't work because there are multiple 22k resistors on the board.

Oops!  :icon_redface:

I wasn't sure but figured someone else would mention it if so.  :icon_wink:

Yeah, it's the feedback loop you want to dismantle.
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

Chrisq206

I tried to figure out the mod buy looking at how to mod a new Phase 90, but Im just not savy enough. All I could find was how to mod a new one. 

ilcaccillo

MXR Phase 90 to Script - Full Mod