Building A Boss FS-5L Footswitch

Started by UnderTheGroove, August 25, 2010, 05:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnderTheGroove

Quote from: ppaappoo on October 06, 2010, 04:01:25 PM
Will not work whit your amp because the sw is for a boss pedal.
What amp do you have? and what do you do whit the sw?

I'm using it to switch channels on a Budda SD30 or on a Sunn Model T. This isn't a Boss effects pedal, it's a latching footswitch pedal.

ppaappoo

ok, for the Budda you need a "single-button footswitch" and for the Sunn model T you need this http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=66664.0

UnderTheGroove

Quote from: ppaappoo on October 07, 2010, 01:35:16 PM
ok, for the Budda you need a "single-button footswitch" and for the Sunn model T you need this http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=66664.0

I have the original Sunn footswitch. I never use the effects loop switch (I always leave it on), so the one I built works perfectly and has a smaller footprint. I just needed to be able to reverse the polarity on the LED (which the Boss and my clone both do) for the two different amps.

Thanks again for your assistance.

vukstefanovski

Quote from: UnderTheGroove on October 04, 2010, 11:56:23 AM
I built my switch and have some problems. I thought I understood the schematic, but I've obviously made a mistake. The switch does change channels on my amp, but the LED will not light up. Flipping the LED polarity switch also causes the amp channel to change. Any help would be appreciated!

Note: there are no batteries in the pedal in the photo, but I did have batteries in it while testing.

Hello to everyone!
I'm new here and I have couple of things that I want to learn here.
Fist - I want to make BOSS FS-5L clone - I can't read schematic but I understand this picture perfectly.
Now, my FS-5L is little different:
I want everything to be just the same, but to work on 9 volts battery (or 9V adapter) and not on 3V.
Please, tell me if you know what has to be changed (maybe this resistor, or... ?)
Is it possible at all?

Thanks in advance!
(sorry for bad English, I hope you understand)

Quackzed

yes, you can use a 9v battery instead, just wire it up as in the pic, and for the resistor on the l.e.d. just use a 2k resistor... the only thing using the battery is the led, so 2k should be enough resistance to prevent burning out the led.
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

vukstefanovski

Quote from: Quackzed on December 24, 2010, 03:04:41 PM
yes, you can use a 9v battery instead, just wire it up as in the pic, and for the resistor on the l.e.d. just use a 2k resistor... the only thing using the battery is the led, so 2k should be enough resistance to prevent burning out the led.

Ok!
2k is probably 2 kilo ohms ... ?
Thanks for help!