ideas for and old school punk sounding circuit

Started by Derringer, August 30, 2010, 11:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derringer

Quote from: Caferacernoc on September 01, 2010, 05:49:05 PM
I love the Raw Power album. And I've read the below quote:

from wikipedia:
Williamson is known primarily for his use of Gibson Les Paul Custom guitars, but he also plays other guitars live. Williamson says that all the songs on Raw Power  were written in his London bedroom on a Gibson B-25 acoustic and the acoustic guitar used in the studio was a Martin D-28. A Vox AC30 amplifier was used for recording Raw Power and no effects pedals were used[12]. Williamson had always used Marshall amplifiers when playing live until recently when he switched to Blackstar Amplification's Artisan 30.[13]

I think all, or almost all the rythm guitar is AC30. But some of the leads....... If that's all tube amp they must have hit the tape SO HARD. It's brutal and I love it. I'd think a rangemaster into the Vox would be spot on for some of the "fuzzier" bits.

Earlier Stooges with Ashton on guitar. Fuzz pedal for sure.

I agree. I've been listening closely to that recording and there's definitely more than just a straight plug-fed vox in there I hear some fuzzies on layered tracks. The leads though do come across as what I'd expected from a trebley tuned tube amp.

"I got some dirty boots!" du du dun ner ner "yeah dirty boots" dun dun de din dun baaaabbbaayy