Fixing a POD 2.0 knob

Started by spargo, September 16, 2010, 05:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spargo

I recently bought a used POD 2.0 to discover that one of the knobs is broken (pull on it and it comes right out, the pot seems to have broken off or something. I'm trying to take it apart to have a look at replacing the knob/pot.

Has anyone had experience with these before? I need to take off all the knobs to get the board to come out, but the knobs seem stuck on there really good and don't have set screws to undo. Are they glued on? If I pull hard will they all break?

alanlan

Are you sure it's not just the knob which is cracked (so there's no grip on the pot itself)?  Maybe you can get a new one if this is the case.  Might also be worth sending a speculative email to Line6 or find a authorised repair centre in case they know what to do.
Whatever you do though it'll still sound crap  :icon_twisted:

spargo

Well the knob just falls out and it appears to have the knob part of the pot stuck in it...so I believe the pot needs replacement.

alanlan

OK, sounds a bit more serious.  Still, worth asking the people who make em unless you're lucky enough to find someone here who's had the same misfortune.
I found this which might be useful:
http://line6.com/community/thread/36524

defaced

If you need parts, I had an XT Live die on my so I saved the guts, including the pots and encoders.  If you need these, let me know.  Pots are through board mounted 10k linear.  Encoders are still on the board.
-Mike

spargo

Thanks for the offer, I may get back to you. I figure it'd be easy to replace the pot, but the only issue is taking the other plastic knobs off of the pots to be able to get the board out of the enclosure...they seem glued on.