News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Trimpots

Started by Steve Mavronis, September 19, 2010, 02:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Mavronis

Where do you get your board mounted Trimpots? The clone I'm working on calls for a 2k trimpot. I couldn't find those values at SB or PPP. I'm laying out a PCB and need to now the physical dimensions and pinout spacing in relation to the shape. A square, rectangular, or circular trimpot would be fine.

I'm thinking something like this space saving 1/4" Bourns trimpot (RJ26FW/RJR26FW) would be good:

http://www.bourns.com/PDFs/RJ26RJR26.pdf

I have about 1/2" free vertical space above my PCB surface the way it mounts half way down into my enclosure.
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

jkokura

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=160

???

Smallbear does have 2k trimpots, I get them all the time.

Jacob

Steve Mavronis

Oh yeah thanks! I missed that somehow when I was checking. That's what I get for staying up too late with tired eyes! Is there a datasheet for that package configuration?
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

LucifersTrip

always think outside the box

Steve Mavronis

That's a good physical size, thanks!

Steve Mavronis

GAH, my father the electronics tech has a bunch of parts at his work and here we go arguing over the phone about a 10-turn trimpot vs a 1-turn trimpot and miniature sizes. He's trying to be helpful as always but these pedals don't have to be a freaking scientific experiment with that kind of extreme fine tuning. I'm cloning an existing circuit not prototyping an unproven design. I plan things like what I expect in a commercial product for ease of use. I can't amagine a guitarist trying to remember where within 10 turns is the sweet spot he likes! Who uses external pots on their pedals or amps that aren't one turn? Just seems crazy to me. I'm just looking for a triagular pin trimpot with an easy to use dial that you don't need a jewelers screwdriver and meter to adjust!