Sad times / not bothered

Started by trad3mark, October 31, 2010, 09:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trad3mark

Apologies to bump this, but today it snowed. So i stayed indoors and worked. And worked. And worked.

Basically, it's coming up to the final handup of this, my first semester of 4th year Architecture. I've a graduation next january, which for a while, kinda made the last 3 years seem worth all the effort and sleep deprivation.

As of late, I've basically had no time to do anything other than architecture. Haven't been home in a few weeks, haven't watched any tv, haven't done any real exercise, haven't been to the pub, nothing except architecture really. It's no way to be really. Deciding I needed a break, my options were beer on my own (all my class mates are also consumed by architecture at the moment) or build. I chose build.

Should be finished within the week.

It's a JFET simulator of a Silvertone 1485 Twin Twelve. Why did I pick that? Why the DeStijl artwork? Jack White, that's why.

Taylor

Cool. You can get a very JW-ish tone by putting a copper coil from JFET drain to ground, it's very... explosive? No, what is the word I'm looking for?

markeebee

jasperoosthoek

I'd say, 'Stijlvol' :). You've got style!

One question though: I thought you wanted a break from architecture? ;D
[DIYStompbox user name]@hotmail.com

Quackzed

nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

jasperoosthoek

You are right, also, Rietveld. That's why I said architecture. I always think of him first because I have his chair. Priceless if it wasn't fake. :)
[DIYStompbox user name]@hotmail.com

runmikeyrun

I tend to spend the spring, summer, and fall working on and riding my dirt bike/motorcycles.  This summer i spent a lot of time with my new girlfriend.  But in the winter, when it gets cold, i tend to hibernate and start building again.  It'll be interesting to see what happens though because the new band i'm in doesnt use effects.  I'm just finishing a boost for the guitar player, then i need to rehouse/sell my Tufnel build, but otherwise nothing on tap.  I always find something to do though, i found some empty 4x12s on CL and have been working on wiring them up.  I'm always working on something.
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

nomorebetts

Quote from: trad3mark on November 27, 2010, 07:30:49 PM
It's a JFET simulator of a Silvertone 1485 Twin Twelve.

This sounds like something I might like to build!
Are you willing to share a schematic??  :)
I like Big Muffs! and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny...