EHX - (Super) Space Drum Schematic Redraw (Percussion Effect)

Started by Scruffie, November 16, 2010, 04:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strategy

Is there a pcb transfer for this other than the eagle file? If someone can post that would be swell
strategy
-----------------------------------------------------
www.strategymusic.com
www.community-library.net
https://soundcloud.com/strategydickow
https://twitter.com/STRATEGY_PaulD

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Mark Hammer

Remember it?  I have been trying to excise it from my memory!  Simply one of the worst uses of that effect...ever.   :icon_rolleyes:

wavley

Quote from: StephenGiles on July 27, 2011, 03:30:43 PM
Great stuff. Remember this record? It may have used one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPYese-Hl8M

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with Mark on this one there buddy, I had ALMOST forgotten that song and then you had to bring it up.
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

Scruffie

Quote from: Strategy on July 27, 2011, 12:07:58 PM
Is there a pcb transfer for this other than the eagle file? If someone can post that would be swell
strategy
I don't have a computer with Eagle anymore but I think Mr.B (Who did the LM13700 Conversion) E-mailed someone in the thread that said they would sort out a layout, so hopefully one will appear.

I might take a stab at a layout aswell... not sure what enclosure size i'd aim for or anything though... I guess a 1590BB? If there's room for some kind of pad on that.

StephenGiles

Is there a larger resolution schematic for those of us with tired eyes please?

You can guess what I want to work on!!!

No complaints from Lance here!!!!!!!!!!!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Scruffie

Quote from: StephenGiles on July 28, 2011, 07:42:01 AM

Can you not save it and zoom in? If not i'll e-mail you the original.

Oh I forgot to mention, Julia Truchess (The Original Designer of this) Kindly provided me with her original schematic and the missing value of R16 is 330R  :)

StephenGiles

Quote from: Scruffie on July 28, 2011, 10:11:57 AM

Oh I forgot to mention, Julia Truchess (The Original Designer of this) Kindly provided me with her original schematic and the missing value of R16 is 330R  :)

Thanks very much, do you still have my email? It becomes very blurred when you zoom in.

Scruffie

Quote from: StephenGiles on July 28, 2011, 10:24:02 AM

Thanks very much, do you still have my email? It becomes very blurred when you zoom in.
Hang on a second... I already e-mailed it to you, I just found our last e-mail "I moved things around a little so that it prints nicely in landscape - I can read it now!!"

Do you need it again?

StephenGiles

Quote from: Scruffie on July 28, 2011, 10:30:32 AM
Quote from: StephenGiles on July 28, 2011, 10:24:02 AM

Hang on a second... I already e-mailed it to you, I just found our last e-mail "I moved things around a little so that it prints nicely in landscape - I can read it now!!"

Do you need it again?
Ah yes found it, thanks for the reminder!!

Barcode80

StephenGiles

Quote from: Barcode80 on July 29, 2011, 11:57:05 AM
guts?

We used to have an expression "to puke one's guts" - usually appropriate after drinking guiness and cider (mixed) all evening!

I think what he possibly means is " It would be nice to see a picture of the guts"  :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes:

Mr.B.

Hi,

you can get a free version of EAGLE here:

ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/eagle/program/5.11/eagle-win-5.11.0.exe

And here is my 'Deluxe' version of the Super Space Drum:

http://members.aon.at/misterburger/SSDDs-Front-2.JPG

http://youtu.be/q5_84Ul5M28

(BTW: Punched letters in 'old typewriter' style!  ^^ )

Greetings,

Mr.B.

PS: Scruffie will get all my (eagle) files to share it with the people who are interested in building this up.

Mark Hammer

Nice work.  terrific looking, and well laid-out boxes, and an obviously broad spectrum of sounds.

Scruffie

Quote from: Mr.B. on August 04, 2011, 07:19:32 AM
PS: Scruffie will get all my (eagle) files to share it with the people who are interested in building this up.
Mr.B has now e-mailed me his files, however, I can't share them untill a bit later this month (I'm nearing my internet cap due to some heavy update installing so I need to wait for the next billing period) but if you want them, PM me and i'll get them to you then and i'll try and work out how to extract them from eagle and post here.

Scruffie

Right...here's the Space Drum files, you'll have to clear up the PCB transfer as it's a bit blurry and I don't know how to use Eagle so the Silk Screen with traces everywhere is the best you'll get out of me.

Main Board, LFO add on board, Sweep Decay Add on Boards.

StephenGiles

Quote from: Mr.B. on August 04, 2011, 07:19:32 AM
Hi,

you can get a free version of EAGLE here:

ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/eagle/program/5.11/eagle-win-5.11.0.exe

And here is my 'Deluxe' version of the Super Space Drum:

http://members.aon.at/misterburger/SSDDs-Front-2.JPG

http://youtu.be/q5_84Ul5M28

(BTW: Punched letters in 'old typewriter' style!  ^^ )

Greetings,

Mr.B.

Excellent videos for an excellent unit. It brings back many memories of trying to do accounts at EH UK with those wonderful sounds coming from the next room as this was being prototyped back in 1980 or so. Just listen to that smooth sweep which is just waiting to be grabbed by an auto filter - haven't I said that before!!!

I'll say again that if a peak voltage is extracted at the time a guitar note is struck, and fed to the positive voltage terminal of the Start Frequency pot............well there you have it!!

SpencerPedals

The auto-trigger on your "deluxe" version is fantastic.  Will you be sharing that add-on?  As summer fades out, I'll start building again and am seriously considering one of these for some winter recording.

Scruffie

Quote from: SpencerPedals on August 21, 2011, 03:42:13 PM
The auto-trigger on your "deluxe" version is fantastic.  Will you be sharing that add-on?  As summer fades out, I'll start building again and am seriously considering one of these for some winter recording.
Oh wait, he did send me that too, just not in the hand drawn PCB format.

Can someone that knows how to work Eagle PM me there e-mail address and take the files off my hands? Letting the team down a bit with my inablity.

Mr.B.

Quote from: SpencerPedals on August 21, 2011, 03:42:13 PM

Scruffie has got the eagle files for this add-on too.

(By the way - you should also check out all my notes and tips I have added in my SSDD eagle schematics.)

Some pics to show you the trigger pad from inside and how I managed to put all things together.
http://members.aon.at/misterburger/SSDD-wires-PCB2.JPG
http://members.aon.at/misterburger/SSDD-PCB-set.JPG

Greetings,
Mr.B.