EHX - (Super) Space Drum Schematic Redraw (Percussion Effect)

Started by Scruffie, November 16, 2010, 04:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpencerPedals

Scruffie sent me over the files.  I took a quick look tonight and thought the traces were pretty fine, but noticed in your picture it looks like you went over the transfer freehand, to thicken them up.  I'm going to do so in Eagle before I export them and upload them.  It'll take me a couple of nights, but is very do-able.  This is a killer looking project, Mr. B, and I appreciate your participation and assistance.  Love the look of the punched letters, btw.  May have finally given me the kick I've been needing to get a set of those punches for myself.

SpencerPedals

Here's the metronome portion -

Template:

PCB:

Schem (which is slightly small, but you get the idea):

Mr.B.

BTW: Just forgot to write in my schematic -> C2 is a 3u3 Tantal in my final SSDD. C2 positive -> pin 5 IC1, negative -> GND.

Greetings,
Mr.B.

dubdummies

Firstable thanks lot this incredible proyect!
i have a question i see 5 pcb boards in the Mr. B photos.. and i saw 4 pcb transfers here, the main board, the lfo, sweep and decay mod and metronome... witch one i lost?
another question about the power supply: can i add a normal  9v batery to this?
Sorry im NEWBIE  :icon_redface:
i would love to do this clone, i had the chance to play the original one in our live set the last week and is incredible!!!!!

Scruffie

Quote from: dubdummies on March 20, 2012, 11:12:12 PM
i have a question i see 5 pcb boards in the Mr. B photos.. and i saw 4 pcb transfers here, the main board, the lfo, sweep and decay mod and metronome... witch one i lost?
i would love to do this clone, i had the chance to play the original one in our live set the last week and is incredible!!!!!
I think there is only 4... can't remember another one.

You can... instead of a 15V zener use a 9V, think it should be okay.

I dunno how much of a newbie you are but this might be a little complex a build to undertake? Perhaps a few more under your belt before you tackle it would be a good idea  :) then again some people enjoy jumping in the deep end in which case, good luck!

dubdummies

Quote from: Scruffie on March 21, 2012, 01:58:40 AM
Quote from: dubdummies on March 20, 2012, 11:12:12 PM
I think there is only 4... can't remember another one.

You can... instead of a 15V zener use a 9V, think it should be okay.

I dunno how much of a newbie you are but this might be a little complex a build to undertake? Perhaps a few more under your belt before you tackle it would be a good idea  :) then again some people enjoy jumping in the deep end in which case, good luck!

Thanks for your answer! yeah im a newbie at all but my father is an electronic teacher, not in audio stuff but he at least understand what he see, i understand what i hear ;)
I tried to print out the pcbs today but the files was in low quality (also schematics), shall u have better ones? wil be really helpfull to my fatherĀ“s old eyes hahahha
I also accept easier proyects to do.. any recomendation?
Thanks a LOT!

FuzzJourney50

Hi Scruffle
would it be possible for you to email me the Eagle files for this project? I would love to build it!
Thanks
Jon

StephenGiles

It would be rather nice to have a Barberpole add on for the Super Space Drum!!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".