Defective DC jack or something else?

Started by jmreyes, December 06, 2010, 01:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmreyes

Hi Everyone,

I asked a friend, who has successfully built several BYOC pedals in the past, to solder my tremolo kit. Upon completion, it works the way it should. Sounds great. Volume, depth and speeds knobs work perfectly. LED blinking fine. Footswitch and jacks are all ok too. The only problem is the DC jack. If I push the power supply plug all the way in the jack, the pedal turns off. The only time i can get it to power up and work is when I just plug it in slightly. Not all the way in. Not quite sure whats going on.

Any ideas?

Suggestions and thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

ayayay!

You've probably got the DC jack wired wrong.  Sounds like the + Voltage is going to the center lug, which is the switched lug for the battery.  Try the other + lug instead. 
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

thomasthebuzzard

Its true. I've seen it with my own eyes. One of those pins is for battery + and one for DC +. Getting them mixed up will make this happen.

Paul Marossy

Quote from: thomasthebuzzard on December 06, 2010, 12:46:57 PM
Its true. I've seen it with my own eyes. One of those pins is for battery + and one for DC +. Getting them mixed up will make this happen.

Yeah, that's because when you plug in the adapter, it breaks the connection between those two points.

jmreyes

Thanks everyone! That's exactly what happened! Fixed!