Jen HF modulator mod ideas??

Started by El Heisenberg, December 07, 2010, 05:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Heisenberg

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_jen_hf_mod.pdf?phpMyAdmin=78482479fd7e7fc3768044a841b3e85a

Just breadboarded it. Really underated circuit.

I actually used a different schematic. It's supposedly the corrected schematic. The last transistor is switched around and C4 is 220p.

I used 2n3904s, 2n5133s and 2N4401s. Settled on two 2N5133s and a 2N4401 for the oscilator part.

Dunno if the correct transistors would make a huge difference, but I can't get them, and I'm really just building this too fill space in a pedal I'm building. I want 3 modulation type circuits in one box with three stomps. I wanted simple circuits that were too small to give their own enclosures, but too nice not too have on my board.

It'll be Tremulus Lune, Tri-Vibe, and Jen HF modulator, cos of it's unique sound and simplicity.

I think I'll add the extra mid control mod to the big muff tone control at the input, but I was wondering if there were anything else I could do.

Everyone thinks this project is $h!y but I like it. When the speed control is turned all the way right, the modulation is perfectly in the key of A. How did they do that? Caps and resistors?

Anyway this pedal is way cool. Ring mod sounding. And when you tune it to the key you're playing it's real sweet.
"Your meth is good, Jesse. As good as mine."