a sick box design

Started by vendettav, February 12, 2011, 10:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vendettav

Hey guys whats up?
iwas thinking about some sick stuff really. like to start with a Buzz Fass and add some gain pot in there, then add a 555 IC transistor gate which would turn on and off a cap or like act as a killswitch, we could have it turn the volume on and off so if it'd be to fast that';d be a sick kinda noise thingy... also with the bass fuzz (this is quite a simple design and i am trying to get the hold of how the things work and how to mod stuff) i remember getting some octave up or some ring tone stuff.. how can we make those features more accented??? i'd lvoe it to keep it simple :)

and finally. tell me about self oscillation as this is mainly one thing i really really want :)
check my music HERE

Shredtastic psycho metal!

runmikeyrun

Why not build an Uglyface?  It's a distortion that includes a 555 and self-oscillates.  There's premade PCBs available, and you won't have to do all the R+D.
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

vendettav

ok so this??

i might be able to get those parts (pots are kinda problem here.. ive got 100, 10 but wonder if i can get a 1)

but what's an opto isolator???
check my music HERE

LucifersTrip

always think outside the box

runmikeyrun

yeah that's what i was talking about.  I built mine into a crybaby enclosure so when it oscillates i can do bomb drops with the foot pedal  8)
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

vendettav

Quote from: runmikeyrun on February 13, 2011, 09:43:57 PM
yeah that's what i was talking about.  I built mine into a crybaby enclosure so when it oscillates i can do bomb drops with the foot pedal  8)
holy shit that's a really neat thingy.. i was thinking putting a jack for a footswitch for the same application :)

i do really love this sorta sick stuff.. i asked for an LDR today in a store and they didnt have any :( said.. if i cant find any.. can anybody give me another self oscillating schematic??? Simple please
check my music HERE

MikeH

The Parallel Universe fuzz does some pretty crazy oscillating stuff without an LDR.  Search the layout gallery, there's got to be a bunch of layouts in there.  it's dead simple with lots of knobs.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH