2 Frequency Shift-balance

Started by petemoore, February 13, 2011, 08:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

Kind of working along the lines of a Tone Pedal, that's what it sounded like to me. Did we find anything out about whether the Fender Tone Pedal is active or passive.
  ..a sweep/mix between A [hi] and B [low]?
  A being a filter of some sort which accentuates a treble band.
  B Being a filter of some sort which accentuates bass band or LP.
  ..if both A and B they sounded 'gentle' as in wide band and no sharp Q factor like a wah.
  Series or Parallel approaches seem feasible:
  Paralled could like like a 2knob tone control on a dual gang -of course it may not abide easily, requiring some decision making as well as function alterations to get 2 sweeps to 'match' sweetly.
  Series could look like:
  LP then HP filter.
  Or Sweepable Bandpass in the low end, Bandbass in HF's that follows: inverse.
  Looking for something straightforeward, simple, charming, smart, wise, well heeled, housebroken and entertaining [I'm not picky].
  A 2-Frequency shifter pedal [if you will] instead of a wah.
  On perfbread right now is a simple fullband/LP system. One has high impedance and the other low [vice versa], this makes a mellow sweep I need to work with more. It actually works pretty good, with the inclination being that more may or may not be what end up wanting.
  Something like and [lowband accentuated] EQ for toe down, and a EQ [with the mid-highs accentuated] for toe up, mix/treadle type affair.
  On side note, for this kind of thing the Monotron sure comes in handy, cool sounding Asynth sweeps more than cover the relevant spectrum plugs right in and generates all LF-HF tones for 'calibration', [note: use volume as this unit through an amp can definitely test the speaker.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.