Metal Simplex issues! Urgen help guys

Started by vendettav, February 14, 2011, 02:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vendettav

ok here's another issue i encountered.. when i lower the volume to 0 i get this constant buzz. and it's not there when it's not on 0... i tried grounding different spots on the pedal and everything works except the very beginning....
I checked the grounding joints and everything is soldered well.
The schematic works, i get the sound and everything (btw very tuby sound i guess)

i used this layout

but when i check with this schematic
there's no resistor from the input to the ground.

also i used 13k resistors instead of 10k ones .. all of them.. couldnt 10k...
you thinki this could leave any impact??
check my music HERE

Shredtastic psycho metal!

ralley

The additional 1M resistor to ground is added to prevent pops when the unit is switched on.  It shouldn't be causing you problem, I've had some pots that appear to have discontinuities at the extreme ends of the travel, perhaps this is your problem.

Rob.
Sender lawyers, guns and money
The sh*t has hit the fan.
   - Warren Zevon

LucifersTrip

Just put a small cutoff resistor on the vol pot so it never gets to 0
always think outside the box

vendettav

Oh shit guys sorry i actualy confused you... the pots are pretty fine. iwas talking about my guitar's pot which is totally new (a Shadow Killpot  :icon_twisted: ) and its fine with anything else. it's just that if i connect the ground lug on the input jack to the hot signal lug it gives me this huge pop... like i dont know.... i checked the scheme and well the noise is there when i ground before the 1st transistor. if i connect the collector of the Q1 to the ground the noise is gone and it's super silent, if i connect the B? (the middle lug) to the ground it makes that hum! and the same at any other spot on the signal pass before the transistor...
check my music HERE

Shredtastic psycho metal!