EH Pulsar Tremolo problems

Started by Canucker, April 25, 2011, 11:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canucker

ok so I attempted to build this as one of my first slightly more complex projects... the results were weird... I have two practice amps I use to test projects with....on one amp I got nothing but unhappy sounds when I touched the strings of my guitar (grounding right?)...with the second amp I got the same but faint actual guitar and the actual tremolo effect.... I'm guessing there are multiple problems going on but I did hear the effect so something right is going on too.... is it likely that I fried a capacitor or something?

I used the layout from tonepad

http://www.tonepad.com/getFileInfo.asp?id=29

Canucker

In the comment section at the link I provided #2 mentions removing a 33uF capacitor.... I didn't build this with an on off switch cus I wanted to make sure things work before I go doing that....could my problem be not having that capacitor? if so...where would I add it?

thedefog

You don't need that cap unless you're using a on/off switch like the original (non-true bypass). Can you post some voltages?

Canucker

voltages of what? I'm pretty new to all of this and have just been figuring it out myself for the most part.

thedefog

Quote from: Canucker on April 26, 2011, 05:32:20 PM
voltages of what? I'm pretty new to all of this and have just been figuring it out myself for the most part.

Check out this thread: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=29816.0

It'll tell you everything you need to know to get help with the pedal as fast as possible. Then just post back what you found and we'll help you.

Canucker

looks like part of my problem was some sloppy soldering...not awful but just enough...which made it not obvious which is actually awful...so I'm getting sound, proper volume....but its quite distorted....but sounds awesome!!! Still haven't located my volt meter so I'm not sure if I messed up a transistor to achieve this sound but I'm enjoying it!