Adding High/Low Pass to the Splitter Blend

Started by jammybstard, May 16, 2011, 05:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jammybstard

I'm going to build a Splitter-Blend box as my next little project;I found the Splitter-Blend MKII circuit at http://www.runoffgroove.com/splitter-blend.html
One thing that puzzels me about it is that only the Green return is jfet bufferd, unless it's a typo' (Drawo' ??) I assume by deduction that this is somthing to do with the Phase Invert circuit been on the green channel but I cant see why! could any one elaborate?

The circuit as is does nearly everthing I can think of; the only thing I can think to add to it would be a filter at the sends so I could do either a High or a Low cut to the individual Loops; is there a well known circuit used for this sort of thing I can use as a starting point?
Death to the Intolerant

ashcat_lt

The jFet buffer presents essentially the same load to the Green return as you get at the Red return.  Switching the phase on that opamp stage changes the input impedance, and the buffer keeps whatever is plugged into it from having to worry about that. 

I can't say for sure, but it's possible that jFet is inverting the singal to begin with.

jammybstard

Quote from: ashcat_lt on May 17, 2011, 01:19:31 AM
The jFet buffer presents essentially the same load to the Green return as you get at the Red return.  Switching the phase on that opamp stage changes the input impedance, and the buffer keeps whatever is plugged into it from having to worry about that. 

I can't say for sure, but it's possible that jFet is inverting the singal to begin with.

Makes sense. I think the jfet in common drain is non inverting.

I'm thinking of using the Blend circuit as shown and changing out the Splitter circuit for something with tone control.
I know the Baxandall is supposed to be used with HIFI but has anyone tried a TL072 in a Brandall circuit as a tone control?
somthing like two of these with a jfet buffer infront:

Death to the Intolerant

jammybstard

This has pretty much been the last couple of weeks of my life!

A Splitter Blend with Polarity Reverse as standard;
I also added switching so the two FX loops can be Parrallel blended or Parralel seperated (Stereo Amping) or serial AB or serial BA.
Bypass switching for each loop and the whole effect.
Also a notch filter to both loops so certain fq can be cut to the loop.

It seems to be working ok so far, I'll have tor try it with a few more combinations of FX; the possibilitie are endless!

It's getting pretty full but I have one switch position left I think I could add a simple switched boost to each channel using a TL072.
Unless anyone has a better idea?
Death to the Intolerant