Previous topic - Next topic

vendettav

so what's your fav no knob fuzz?

I'm thinking of making a couple into a cigarrete boxes :P
check my music HERE

Shredtastic psycho metal!

superferrite

Shin-ei FY-2

The gain is about unity with the volume maxed anyway, and the fuzz pot doesn't do much at all.   Just box it up without them.  I think there is no mistake when it is on!
Psychedelic Garage Metal

R.G.

The one in the Vox Super Beatle head.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

vendettav

RG, i couldnt find a scheme for that

Superferrite, that thing seems too much of a hassle for a cigarette box.

so far i am thinking about Bazz Fuss on ROG, that thing is quite loud tho so i'd want a resistor somewhere there for a less louder output.

any other ideas?  :)
check my music HERE

LucifersTrip

a no knob fuzz obviously can be made with any fuzz with vol, fuzz, etc soldered to your favorite position. so, since it can be any fuzz,
i'd pick orpheum ge with fuzz pinned and volume set to unity
always think outside the box

blooze_man

OR you could a have a trimpot or two exposed when you open the pack.
Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

vendettav

Quote from: LucifersTrip on June 29, 2011, 06:35:59 PM
a no knob fuzz obviously can be made with any fuzz with vol, fuzz, etc soldered to your favorite position. so, since it can be any fuzz,
i'd pick orpheum ge with fuzz pinned and volume set to unity
yeah i was thinking the same... breadboard it, find the most optimal setting and there you go... hmm Ges are gonna be hard to get in here.. but i'll keep that in mind

Quote from: blooze_man on June 29, 2011, 06:58:37 PM
OR you could a have a trimpot or two exposed when you open the pack.
yeah this can also be done, or may be hav ea switch on the box that low gain, mid gain, hi gain? this'd be cheaper: an SPDT switch on off on position for example costs 1 dollar where a trimmer costs 1.5
check my music HERE

blooze_man

Well if you're going to install a switch you might as well use a pot. A 9mm pot is about the same size as most toggles. That's what I would do anyway.
Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

vendettav

yeah i was thinking about that as well. the bad thing is that i can't find any 9mm pot here... :(
if the things go that far i might order online but those pots are costy as well so I may as well not put anything (pot or switch) at all
check my music HERE

LucifersTrip

Quote from: vendettav on June 30, 2011, 03:03:34 AM

yeah this can also be done, or may be hav ea switch on the box that low gain, mid gain, hi gain? this'd be cheaper: an SPDT switch on off on position for example costs 1 dollar where a trimmer costs 1.5

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/servlet/the-1878/10K-6MM-OHM-POT/Detail

superferrite

The silicon Orpheum is pretty damn nice, too.   

Here's a tiny layout for a Colorsound One Knob.    These are pretty fantastic sounding
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/Renegadrian/Colorsound+One+Knob+Fuzz.gif.html
Psychedelic Garage Metal

vendettav

nice! gonna order some stuff soon i guess (along wth trimpots  ;D)
check my music HERE

cacarver

Isnt a pot basically a resistor with a variable knob? If so couldn't you use any fuzz pedal and just substitute the pot for a resistor?

LucifersTrip

Quote from: cacarver on July 01, 2011, 10:41:56 PM
Isnt a pot basically a resistor with a variable knob?

y

If so couldn't you use any fuzz pedal and just substitute the pot for a resistor?

vice versa...he's goin for a no knob fuzz

Renegadrian

I'd give my vote to the easy and great ONE KNOB FAT FUZZ - here is my report...
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=67274.0
you can leave out the volume pot but maybe you should consider a resistor to ground at the output, to tame the volume a bit. that res value you should experiment to get unity, maybe the classic 100k?!
you can build it on a small board, sub the 1µ non electros with 1µ electros for space sake.
and hell yeah it does its job so good!!!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

EATyourGuitar

the colorsound one knob fuzz is just a volume knob. I would vote for doing it with the pot set to unity gain. then remove the pot and measure the values. mouser has resistors in every possible value if you want to get exact. although it is a pain to pay the shipping just for some resistors.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

vendettav

I'll check the color sound

Armano, that thing does look quite good and easy and simple. you think this is ebtter than the bazz fuss on homewrecker.com ?
check my music HERE

Renegadrian

yes I'd say the OKFF wins on the bazz fuss.
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

vendettav

Quote from: Renegadrian on July 02, 2011, 01:19:12 PM
yes I'd say the OKFF wins on the bazz fuss.
really?... but well judging by the clips OKFF doesnt have that much gain. i've breadboarded BF and it does :)... can't really breadboard it now, i have a unfinished uglyface on it atm
check my music HERE